How hard is it to remove door panels? Hushmat Install? - Kia Forte Forum : Sedan / Koup / Forte5 Forums
User Tag List

#1 Old 04-13-2012, 10:57 AM

Garage
Default How hard is it to remove door panels? Hushmat Install?

I absolutely love my Forte5, but aside from the crap-tastic horn sound, the only thing that bugs me is the tinny, echo-y "plonk" when I shut the doors.

Thinking about installing Hushmat/Dynamat to quiet them down, but I don't know how difficult it is to remove the panels.

Also, do you install the mat under the panel or do you have to get it onto the backside of the door skin?

"Roxanne"

2011 Kia Forte 5 EX A/T,
Bronze Metallic
Debadged, wind deflector, 20% rear/35% front tint, Ultra Racing Strut Bar, LED tail lights, plate and interior red LED lights, 6000K DDM HIDs
To Come: Plastidipped rims and badges, Koup bumper, Magnaflow muffler, Air Lift air springs, reverse lights, Switchbacks, etc.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-13-2012, 04:52 PM

Garage

It's easy to remove the door panel. A few screws and then just tug on it to unclip it.

As far as the deadener, when I did my previous car I put some on the inner door skin itself, as well as on the part where the door panel clips to. I'll see if I can scrape up some pics.

DAT BAGGED HATCH DOE
#3 Old 04-13-2012, 04:55 PM

Garage

ended up like this, might have been a bit of overkill, but I got the deadener for free so wth lol

DAT BAGGED HATCH DOE
#4 Old 04-14-2012, 08:41 PM

Garage

Angel, thanks for showing the pics. It looks like the controls for the windows and locks unclip pretty easily there and it's easy to get inside to put the mat on the door. Looks like something I can actually tackle.

"Roxanne"

2011 Kia Forte 5 EX A/T,
Bronze Metallic
Debadged, wind deflector, 20% rear/35% front tint, Ultra Racing Strut Bar, LED tail lights, plate and interior red LED lights, 6000K DDM HIDs
To Come: Plastidipped rims and badges, Koup bumper, Magnaflow muffler, Air Lift air springs, reverse lights, Switchbacks, etc.

#5 Old 04-14-2012, 09:10 PM

Garage

That's on my previous car, but it should be the same on the forte. There is a thin plastic cover before you can get to the door skin itself but you can remove it and put it back on later.

DAT BAGGED HATCH DOE