IPOD Question - Kia Forte Forum : Sedan / Koup / Forte5 Forums
User Tag List

#1 Old 01-13-2010, 05:46 PM

Default IPOD Question

For those of you that use an ipod with your stereo, how much ipod functionality do you have? I don't currently own an ipod however I am contemplating getting one because I lost so many features with this factory system vs. the Pioneer Premier USB I had in my other vehicle.

I know that with an ipod you can search by artist, genre, etc... Are these abilities built into the factory stereo when hooked to an ipod?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-14-2010, 01:39 AM
Premium Member

First just so you know you need the Kia issued iPod adapter ($38 MRSP from the dealer) to use with the iPod for full radio functionality.

You can listen to the iPod using the standard USB adapter it comes with but you will not be able to see song / artist on the radio screen display and you will not be able to search by artist, song, playlist, etc on the radio. It will basically work as an iPod shuffle (keep clicking next until you hear a song you want).

If you use the Kia adapter it will show the Kia logo on your iPod screen display and you have to do everything from the radio. You can do most everything as you normally would. My only gripe is that when you normally would see a list of artists, songs, playlists, etc on your iPod screen it only shows these things one by one on your radio screen.
#3 Old 01-14-2010, 08:17 AM

Cool, thanks.

It sounds like that will get me closer to what I had with my Pioneer at least. Right now I have a 16gb thumb drive that is completely full of music and it's a serious pain to find what I want to listen to. The thumb drive would be fine if I just had a few albums on a small drive but I have a file system for organizing it that the factory stereo just ignores.

Time to shop for an Ipod.
#4 Old 01-14-2010, 04:56 PM

Sounds good and you can get the adapter on ebay for 17 dollars! Worth the money.
#5 Old 04-28-2011, 01:34 PM

You will solve NO problems if you have a lot of songs/artists on an Ipod or thumb drive. It's torture to find them. The functionality of a voice feature would help (seen in Fords w/ Microsoft's SYNC) but after a certain amount of songs, you can't use it either...