Kia Forte Forum banner

Bluetooth problem

25K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Jordan Green 
#1 ·
I started my forte yesterday and the bluetooth immediately started saying "bluetooth failed" repeatedly. On my phone it popped up "connection failed to forte koup". I couldn't turn it off and still can't. As soon as I start the car it starts repeating it again until I turn off my phone. I had to wait until I got away from the car and turn off the bluetooth connection on my phone.
Anyone know how to fix this problem? Please help! :confused:

#2 ·
I think the bluetooth altogether is a mess. When I use my iPhone to play music in my car sometimes it won't ever pick up on the bluetooth. Or just won't let me go to the "MP3 mode" or anything. I usually have to reset my phone, turn my car off and then sometimes it will work. I haven't seen this situation arise but, try deleting your phone from your car and try re-pairing it. Let us know!

#3 ·
I have turned the bluetooth off on my phone but as soon as I turn it back on again it starts repeating the annoying message "bluetooth failed" again. Do you mean something different?
If so, how do I delete my phone from the bluetooth? Sorry but I am new to bluetooth .... lol
Thanks!

#7 ·
Funny, I haven't run into the problem. Mine has work flawlessly. Seems like turning off the bluetooth setting on your phone and then turning it back on should allow the car to locate it once again and then get the "TRANSFER COMPLETE" voice. Keep us posted on how things turn out for ya

#8 ·
I have a 2011 SX AT Koup and have the same problem using my Blackberry Torch. After a successful pair, the phone will stay paired for the next 5 to 6 times I drive the car.
Then I usually get the "Pairing Failed" sometime after that. If I press the hangup button on the steering wheel when I hear the "Pairing Failed", the stereo will stop accepting Bluetooth pairing requests from the phone.

I have a Blackberry Bold 9700 as well, and have had no issues with pairing.
My girlfriend has an iPhone 3Gs and it too works flawlessly.

Try upgrading the firmware on your phone to see if that helps. Unfortunately the BB Torch doesn't have any new firmware so I end up deleting the phone from the car stereo, and also delete the FORTE KOUP from my Blackberry and just pair the two again until the next time it happens.

#9 ·
First thing to do is re-pair your phone to the car. If it keeps happening, check for software upgrades on your phone. Phone Manufacturers aren't really good at this car bluetooth stuff and the car manufactures aren't really good at making all their bluetooth software the same so there's some standardization. I think we're still a few years from having truly invasive bluetooth for most cars/phones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.