Kia Forte Forum banner

Missed my Factory sub in my SVT Focus... Now I gone and done it.

3K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Crosive 
#1 ·
Really missed my factory sub in my 03 Focus SVT. Was really downed that my 11 Forte Koup SX Luxury model did not have one. So It left me two options.

Toss a box in there and have it in the way. Or build a box similar to how my SVT was set up. And others have done before.

This is a work in progress. Here is where I am at.

Will be getting more resin and mat tomorrow to strengthen the box up and mount the speaker ring/Cover.

See less See more
#2 ·
Oooh some custom fiberglass fun! Good job getting that to keep its shape, I know its sometimes hard to get it to not fall or slide when it's on such a vertical surface.

Do you have an exact sub and amp in mind?

Please keep us updated!

#3 ·
For now, I have a kicker comp 10, and will be picking up a kicker monoblock 250W amp. Working in a body shop, You learn little tricks along the way.

#4 · (Edited)
Another late night update. A little more progress. I am in the process of resin soaking the black fabric.
This is not my first time glassing, And this is Not my first time building a sub box, But this IS my first time Building a sub box out of Fiberglass.

#6 · (Edited)
Done some rough calculations. Sub calls for 1.0 Sq. I built this to make use of the available space and have made it a fuzz bigger, Around 1.3 ~1.4 give or take counting the sub displacement. Packing peanuts....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.