Kia Forte Forum banner

Need help asap please!

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  TurboRed5 
#1 ·
Ok...so... I have a 2014 kia forte, I wanted an alarm so, I bought one I have used and wI red in myself before (in a honda accord ) but it works great in the honda, so I decided to do the same for the forte. So I wired it all up, and it was time to program. It was late at night so I was gonna go down the road so I didn't disturb the neighborhood. Well I fired up the car, and for some reason I have no headlights, no temperature control panel, and no wipers. I have checked every single fuse twice and also checked every relay they are all good. Where do I go from here? I'm at a total loss. I went to Napa to see if they could help in anyway nothing. I went to orileys, they gave me nothing besides to take it to a car stereo shop. So I did this, they had no clue, said they would hAve to bring it in to take a look, but they were booked a week and a half out. So I'm hoping someone here can help. Please!

#2 ·
There is a significant different between the Electrical system in the accord you had and your 2014 Forte . Sad to say your going to have to have the pros look at it and try and figure out where it went wrong.

The sad fact is that in modern cars , every electrical system is tied to a ECU or sorts , Whether it be the ECU , Body control module , or some other computer in the car. The system also has certain tolerances for installed components , in your case the alarm. and when i say Tolerances i mean if the ECU's see something a little a volt here , a amp there , or resistance here , it will not work properly. Todays cars are very complex. I wish they would simplify them , but it seems we are doomed for the complexity .

Either way , you need a pro to look at the install and figure out where it went wrong and fix it.

Sorry for not having a better answer .

#6 · (Edited)
My friend had a similar issue after he had a shop install an amp in his Tiburon. The system was backfeeding power into the car and screwing with the computer causing all his lights and instrument panel to shut off when the amp was on. The fix involved installing a diode so the power would only flow one way but it was a few years ago and I'm not too sure of the specifics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.