Broken K badges applied! - Kia Forte Forum : Sedan / Koup / Forte5 Forums
User Tag List

4Likes

post #1 of 22 Old 04-30-2016, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

Drives: 2011 Kia Forte5 SX, 2005 Mini Cooper
Cool Broken K badges applied!

Ordered these from K5 Optima Store.
Very happy with the quality and ease of installation!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front.jpg (60.3 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg wheel.jpg (77.7 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg back.jpg (58.5 KB, 111 views)
FloridaForte likes this.

Last edited by my7thkia; 04-30-2016 at 02:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 04-30-2016, 04:44 PM
Site Sponsor

Drives: 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport, 2007 Nissan 350Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by my7thkia View Post
Looks great! Thanks for posting pictures of the badges installed
my7thkia likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|

|
|
|
|

- NOW OPEN!

The Following User Says Thank You to Paul@K5OptimaStore For This Useful Post:
my7thkia (04-30-2016)
post #3 of 22 Old 04-30-2016, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 Forte Sedan EX Premium and Tech Package
Garage
Did these go over existing badges, or replace the removed originals?

post #4 of 22 Old 04-30-2016, 08:53 PM

Drives: Kia Forte Koup EX 2010
Garage
Good job, i've found this product 2 weeks from now, and I'm looking at them each day on the Optima store as well, I'm just waiting for my brother to come and I'll command them, how many days take the shipping ? Also, with the color of my car (you can see it in my signature, it is grey) what would work best ? I was asking myself rather to go with the standard black background and chrome logo, but do you think another color or style would fit more with my car ??

Kryptonite79

Kia Forte Koup EX 2010

post #5 of 22 Old 04-30-2016, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaForte View Post
Did these go over existing badges, or replace the removed originals?
I removed the originals.
post #6 of 22 Old 04-30-2016, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonite79 View Post
Good job, i've found this product 2 weeks from now, and I'm looking at them each day on the Optima store as well, I'm just waiting for my brother to come and I'll command them, how many days take the shipping ? Also, with the color of my car (you can see it in my signature, it is grey) what would work best ? I was asking myself rather to go with the standard black background and chrome logo, but do you think another color or style would fit more with my car ??
The ones with the carbon fiber background would look great on your car!
post #7 of 22 Old 04-30-2016, 10:26 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonite79 View Post
The black or carbon fiber with chrome would look great! I've also seen the red wine on some grey Forte that looks really nice if you want a little more pop and attention

|
|
|
|
|

|
|
|
|

- NOW OPEN!

post #8 of 22 Old 04-30-2016, 11:32 PM

Drives: Kia Forte Koup EX 2010
Garage
Thanks for your answers !

I admit the wine red ones would catch attention, because it would be the only thing that isn't black or grey on the car, but I'm not quite sure I'll love it thats much. I think I'll look betwen the black and chrome and the Carbon fiber black and chrome. Hard choice there, thanks for your advices

Kryptonite79

Kia Forte Koup EX 2010

The Following User Says Thank You to Kryptonite79 For This Useful Post:
Paul@K5OptimaStore (05-01-2016)
post #9 of 22 Old 01-31-2017, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my7thkia View Post
How are your K badges holding up? Mine are weather checked after only a few months.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0838.jpg (84.0 KB, 42 views)
post #10 of 22 Old 01-31-2017, 08:19 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymi View Post
How are your K badges holding up? Mine are weather checked after only a few months.
Is that chipping or from salt? How often do you clean you car if you're in a heavy salted area?

|
|
|
|
|

|
|
|
|

- NOW OPEN!

post #11 of 22 Old 01-31-2017, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@K5OptimaStore View Post
Is that chipping or from salt? How often do you clean you car if you're in a heavy salted area?
Car gets washed at least once a week.
post #12 of 22 Old 01-31-2017, 08:25 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Car gets washed at least once a week.
I haven't really seen many issues with the chrome part especially so soon. If you're in need of a replacement please email us Sales@K5OptimaStore.com

|
|
|
|
|

|
|
|
|

- NOW OPEN!

post #13 of 22 Old 01-31-2017, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@K5OptimaStore View Post
I haven't really seen many issues with the chrome part especially so soon. If you're in need of a replacement please email us Sales@K5OptimaStore.com
I will, thanks.
post #14 of 22 Old 02-01-2017, 08:05 PM

So it turns out it's too much of a hassle to try and get these badges replaced. They want to charge me to send the new ones out then I guess I have to pay to return the pitted ones back. No more purchases from K5Optima store for me and I can't recommend them. Oh, the other option was to remove my current defective badges send those back and drive around with the holes underneath exposed and wait for new badges. The right way to handle this would be to acknowledge the problem with the pictures I sent and just send me out a new set of badges, no hassle to the customer and would keep me as a customer.

Last edited by 7232; 02-01-2017 at 08:07 PM.
post #15 of 22 Old 02-01-2017, 09:24 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
So it turns out it's too much of a hassle to try and get these badges replaced. They want to charge me to send the new ones out then I guess I have to pay to return the pitted ones back. No more purchases from K5Optima store for me and I can't recommend them. Oh, the other option was to remove my current defective badges send those back and drive around with the holes underneath exposed and wait for new badges. The right way to handle this would be to acknowledge the problem with the pictures I sent and just send me out a new set of badges, no hassle to the customer and would keep me as a customer.
I'm sorry you feel this way.

Unfortunately we used to do it this way where we trusted the customer to sent the defective badges back AFTER they received the new replacements but we had too many customers never sending back the old badges (which we need for warranty purposes) so we had to change the way we processed warranty claims. Regardless I'm failing to understand what hassle there is? The easiest option is putting a deposit down on a set of emblems once the old emblems are received you get your money back, no worries! Keep in mind we are a small business and we have already covered the cost to have the product shipped out to you. We are covering the cost to ship the replacement product out to you and we are paying to ship the defective product back to the manufacturer (which we do not get reimbursed for the defective product until we ship it back) for evaluation. We only ask that you pay the small cost the send the defective emblems back to us.

Also we aren't asking for the badges back just for proof (we can clearly see that in the photo), we physically need them back because we pay to send them back to our manufacturer for reimbursement.

At the end of the day we stand behind our products and our warranties. I'd be happy to honor this warranty for you within the year you purchased it when you're ready for a replacement

Kindly,
-Paul

|
|
|
|
|

|
|
|
|

- NOW OPEN!

Last edited by Paul@K5OptimaStore; 02-01-2017 at 09:29 PM.