Rear windows will not roll down! - Kia Forte Forum : Sedan / Koup / Forte5 Forums
User Tag List

post #1 of 6 Old 04-27-2016, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Drives: 2014 Kia Forte5
Unhappy Rear windows will not roll down!

So...I've been posting a few threads here and this one caught me off-guard. I was getting lunch today and I accidentally tried to roll down the driver rear window by mistake instead of my window. Curiously, the window did not go down. Neither did the passenger rear. I noticed the button on the driver door with the X over the windows was pushed down, I let it up and tried the windows again and neither would go down. I reached back and tried the switch on the door themselves and they still would not go down. My driver and passenger windows are fine. Any idea what's up?

The only things that occurred were my battery was sucked of power by that stupid Progressive Snapshot thing and I took that out and got a jump and the battery has been fine. It died again about a week after and another jump got it started and it's been ever since. This was only a few weeks ago. Could this have anything to do with it?

Or did I just tick some random switch that's keeping them in place and I'm a dummy? Any help is appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-27-2016, 10:37 PM

Garage
Locate the page about fuse changes in your Forte's owner's manual. Then check the fuse box corresponding to power window(s) to see if they need replacing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Bahamas
2013 Kia Cerato sedan (bright silver)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-28-2016, 07:59 AM

Cycle the rear window lock out switch a few times. Possibly it was on for a long time and could be just stuck.

2015 Forte SX 5 door with 6 speed manual
2016 Audi A4 Quattro with 6 speed manual
2001 Audi TT Quattro Roadster with 6 speed manual

post #4 of 6 Old 04-28-2016, 10:21 AM
Site Sponsor

Drives: 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport, 2007 Nissan 350Z
I would check the fuse first and see if its ok. If that checks out look into what Walpole5 is talking about

|
|
|
|
|

|
|
|
|

- NOW OPEN!

post #5 of 6 Old 05-07-2016, 02:05 AM

If you get nada when you hit the switch then I would suspect a fuse. Does anyone know if they use relays on the motors?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
post #6 of 6 Old 05-09-2016, 01:09 AM

Garage
What yr is your car? My back windows stopped working also. And then randomly would work from time to time. Finally took it in, and the service department said there was a TSB about the windows not working, or being intermittent. Both rear motors where replaced and have been working ever since. Never had a problem with the front windows.