Kia Forte Forum banner

Possibly a inexpensive 2.0l CAI option

8K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  ForteGT2 
#1 ·
Hi there. I own a 2015 2.0l sedan ex and have been looking for some what inexpensive intake option. I've tried the diy SRI with the k&n on the end of the stock tube. And even went as far as making my own custom heat shield to block off the cone filter. I loved the sound but noticed a slight power loss which I didn't like as much.
Here is a picture of what I have now

So I've been searching for a inexpensive cold air option. I was thinking a cheap eBay cold air for the elantra would do the trick. The engine bays look basically identical to me. Has anyone been down this road before? Here is a link to the pipe I'm thinking of trying
http://m.ebay.ca/itm/for-11-13-ELAN...TION-KIT-FILTER-BLUE-/371178048590?nav=SEARCH

Please let me know what you guys think. Like I said I'm not sure if this option has been ruled out or not. I tired searching but couldn't find anything.

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
Get on fortefied on Facebook. A couple of guys are discussing true cold air intakes for your setup right now.

#3 ·
I am also having a hard time finding any CAI options for the 2.0L. The one that you linked says it is for the 1.8L engine. Injen makes one for Kia Forte 1.8L and 1.6T but not for the 2.0L so I am not sure if that one would fit either. Seems like doing a custom job may be the only way for right now. The only intake option I have come across for our 2.0L is the K&N Typhoon but that is a SRI setup like the one you have. I have the same except with no sheild. Just the pod filter. Love the sound so I deal with the small drop in performance.

#4 ·
If you have a first gen 2.0 2010-2013 then all the intakes for the 2.4 will fit. They include turbokits.com, dc sports, takeda and ingen

#16 · (Edited)
I finally got around to installing the Injen CAI on my car. I was going to take pictures and do a write-up, but honestly it's so easy to install I didn't think it was necessary. Just follow the FSM procedure for removing the front bumper cover (easy) along with the included instructions from Injen. It took me all of 45 minutes to install and test it.

Here are some pics I took that show before and after, along with all of the original intake system components that get removed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.