Kia Forte Forum banner

passthrough trunk and haling a bike

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  millarj 
#1 ·
Thinking of replacing my forte5 ex with a new ex koup. Right now, I haul a road bike in th eback with the seats down in the 5. Anyone doing the same thing with a koup? I'm curious about how large the seat opening is when the seats are down.

Any advice? It just seems a shame to put a crappy bike carrier on the back...

-j

#2 ·
I took some measurements for you...

:nerd2:
I just bought a 2014 Forte EX Koup and tools some measurements for you:
The opening through from the trunk to the passenger compartment is 18 in X 41 in. It tapers in about 7 inches at the top on each side (see photo of my trunk). The distance from the rear of the trunk to the back of the driver's seat is 66 in.

I hope this helps.

Tim

Attachments

#4 ·
:nerd2:
I just bought a 2014 Forte EX Koup and tools some measurements for you:
The opening through from the trunk to the passenger compartment is 18 in X 41 in. It tapers in about 7 inches at the top on each side (see photo of my trunk). The distance from the rear of the trunk to the back of the driver's seat is 66 in.

I hope this helps.

Tim
Thanks for taking the time to measure (and sorry it took so long to respond) It looks like the Koup is actually a bit taller in the opening, but I'll also take the advice to take the bike with me to the dealer. Maybe I can convince them that it's my trade :smile2:

#5 ·
UPDATE: Bought the Koup, bike fits!

Hi all,

So I finally found the Abyss Blue Koup SX that I wanted and snatched it up.

I'm happy to report that my other "car", a Trek Madone fits perfectly in the Koup's trunk once you take the front wheel off (the bike, not the Koup)

So if you are like me and plan to haul a bike around, it's doable in the koup.

One caveat though, you will need to be careful lifting the bike into the trunk, as the lip on the opening is a bit higher than the hatch.

For now I'm playing in the snow in the Koup rather than the bike and loving it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.