Kia Forte Forum banner

Laying low in the city of fountains

54K views 281 replies 58 participants last post by  tarowee 
#1 · (Edited)
I put a teaser pic of my stanced koup up on my blog (see my sig) and thought I would share it on the forums as well.

**Way more pictures have been added throughout the thread**

Enjoy.

See less See more
#40 · (Edited)
Actually I had to do a lot of hard work & research to get my car where it is. Which is why I'm hesitant to just give away all the answers. Any clever car enthusiast should have no problem identifying the spoiler, front lip, what I did to my front bumper, etc without me flat-out telling them.

Right now I have a unique car with a few things done to it that nobody else has. If I told everybody what I have and where to buy it then my car would soon lose it's uniqueness and just be another car with the same mods as everybody else. Sorry if it disappoints people that I'd like to keep this information to myself. I'm not trying to be a dick, but rather hoping to inspire creativity and uniqueness in the rest of the car community.

#43 ·
Then why post on the forum at all? You are like a parent waving a lolipop in front of a bunch of kids saying "look at my amazing lolipop, you cant have any though. If we all have the same lolipop, it ruins how it tastes" This is an interactive community website, not some tumblr blog where everyone just shows off.

#44 ·
What is wrong with some people on here, if you do mods and post them on the forums, might as well share your build, thats the whole point of car forums. We're all grown ups, IDFC if someone has my mods somewhere across the other side of the world, I chose to post my car up on here, some people will take your ideas, you didn't trademark your rims or spoiler..

my 0.02$

#50 ·
Heres my expert opinion , which is widely accepted.

I like waffles.

Oh and..

Cars nice.... No reason for anyone to be a prick. So everyone shutup... You're ruining my reading vibe. And we all know what happens when the vibe is fucked up... Pontiac shuts down. So hey... Grab a woodchuck , whether your legal or nay.. And realize.. We all own the same car.. One personalized vehicle doesn't make a difference.

That being said , being a working class american. Receiving a brand new car for an 18 birthday is being a little spoiled. Personally. I built my first vehicle ground up. And engine oil pan to breather. So yeah maybe I'm a little biased on that. THIS is why you don't bring stuff like THIS up in arguments.

Now.. Stop being a pansy and let us know what that is. Because I think it's rare to see something like that.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Attachments

#51 ·
Sigh, Im a man of peace, I hate arguing with people.

Lets start shall we,
I know how americans go by the rule of getting ur own car at 18, but this is Lebanon, things are different here lol, people think differently, over here parents buy their kids their first cars, apparently not so-so in america.

But anyways to more important stuff, these forums are full of great people, but sometimes people decide to be dicks and stick their nose as to why I have a turbo timer on my NA koup, I mean, its none of anyones business plain and simple, its just a funny and pointless mod to me, I didnt ask or give my opinion about the OP's car or as to why its lowered to hell to the ground, believe me I HATE stance and that crap, to me its pointless and derives a car of its masculinity, but to him its his passion so I DONT tell him I dislike it, its a great looking car dont get me wrong, but he will get shit from the real old school members on here if he's secretive about his build( which is mainly coilovers, rims, roof spoiler lol), just like that chick fas93 got shit when people asked her what mods she had and she didnt want to share..

loustylez you'd probably be surprised lol, I only got the koup to learn how to handle a car, Ive raced using my friends' 350z's, evos, stis, hell even an audi s6 once, so when I do get the car, you'll see, plain and simple. I just didnt want to kill myself for having too much power for a first car.

tl;dr

Forums are all about being a community, even if you contribute in the slightest of forms, LEARNTOCOMMUNITY

Good day.

#53 ·
Thanks for the words Tuner, I do a bit of post-production in photoshop like lighting adjustments, levels, mild HDR, etc but luck was on my side when I took these pictures as the lighting was great for most of them.

Now since some people can't get a grip I think it's a good time to post some pictures of where I spent most of my post-college years working. Maybe this will put my reasoning for keeping my hard work to myself into perspective.

While we're at it I'll post a few of my previous vehicles:

I don't claim to know it all or have all the answers, but I have been around the block and I can safely say that I'm a bit more knowledgeable than a teenager with a free car and a computer. I do all my own work and buy all my own cars.

With that said if you want to argue GTFO, otherwise let's keep this discussion on topic. FACT: I will not divulge the origin of my spoiler or front lip, all other components of the car are free game. Ask away.

As for you Rawad, you're killing me lol. You continue to bury yourself. Please do us all a favor and go somewhere else on the forum, you are clearly not welcome in this thread even if you are some kind of self-proclaimed driving god.

#54 ·
I dont take the internet too seriously, bro.

Nice car anyways, and I dont judge anyone without getting to know them first, thats all I gotta say, laturs.

This post has been deleted
#55 ·
Bro, we're too young for our opinions to be of any relevance lol. Just drop it and everyone stop arguing, maybe we can still save these forums -.-

#56 ·
E HOBA 666 Great job on the Koup, completely jaw dropping :eek: IMO.

Dont mind the forums, there not really helpful unless your installing LEDS or seeing how good the MPGs are:rolleyes:.

Just remember 3/4 of the people on this forum bought the car cause it got good gas millage lol.

ONE MORE THING FOR EVERYBODY if you made your Koup unique, Im pretty sure you wouldn't be in a hurry to tell the world what the hell you used to make it unique!!

Anyways E HOBA 666 great job on the koup and the 5 series and the S13 and the Subaru, cant wait to see what the future brings for the koup:D.

Oh ya, mind me asking what coils your using?

#57 · (Edited)
Thanks, and Rawad, now you've got my respect. Let's keep this civilized.

As for the question of why I own a KIA after all the other (arguably cooler) cars I've owned. My coupe is the only brand new car I've ever bought. I got real tired of owning cars that other people didn't appreciate or take absolute care of so I bought something new and untouched. Personally I bought a Kia because I'm a big fan of the styling and am fond of the fact that the styling and build quality has has Audi roots thanks to Peter Schreyer. I'm not going to lie though, I was up in the air about these cars. It was kind of a challenge I set for myself to make one of these cars a head turner. It's a long way from being finished though and I definitely don't even consider it "built" like some people have been saying in this thread. It's my style and I like super low cars with a wide stance. It's certainly not for everybody, but I can't say that it doesn't make me feel good when people appreciate what I've done with the car.

Again, much love for all of those who have positive things to say in this thread.

#59 ·
Thanks man, nice to know i can go that low with modified Megan coils.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.