User Tag List

3Likes
  • 1 Post By oNe
  • 1 Post By conwelpic
  • 1 Post By NovaResource

post #1 of 12 Old 04-20-2017, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
oNe

First Kia

Hello all, just got my first Kia. Was sceptical but with only a couple days with the car I'm really impressed. I got the Forte S and am super impressed with the features you get for the price.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170419_174152_1492746172802.jpg (98.2 KB, 25 views)
my7thkia likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-21-2017, 08:33 AM

Drives: 2011 Forte5 SX, 2011 Tucson, 2012 Veloster, 2006 Spectra SX
Garage
Nice! Congrats and welcome.

2011 Kia Forte5 SX hatchback (daily driver)
2011 Hyundai Tucson (wife's car)
2012 Hyundai Veloster (1st daughters car)
2006 Kia Spectra SX sedan (2nd daughters car)
Previous cars: 2004 Hyundai Tiburon GTV6 - 2006 Hyundai Tucson V6 - 2006 Kia Sedona EX - 2008 Kia Rondo EX - 2006 Spectra5 SX hatchback
post #3 of 12 Old 04-21-2017, 10:30 AM
Site Sponsor

Drives: 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport, 2007 Nissan 350Z
Welcome to the forums! Don't worry I was in the same boat as you when I bought my Optima back in 2011. Loved it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|

|
|
|
|

- NOW OPEN!

post #4 of 12 Old 04-21-2017, 10:09 PM

Drives: 2016 Forte 5 SX, Snow White Pearl
Welcome!

I was also surprised. I've told my story on the forum before, but the gist of it is that my Ford Focus was totaled in an accident, and the nearby Kia dealer had several identical models on their used lot. But while I was there I took a Kia for a test drive, I ended up being so impressed that I walked out with a new Forte5 EX instead. With the incentives on the leftover 2016 models, my payment was only slightly more than it would have been on a used Focus, but now I get the added value of a full warranty and quite a bit more features too.

The most surprising thing to me though has been the reactions of other people. A lot of people seem to think they're still making the old Sephia, resulting in the combination of a judgemental "You got a Kia?" coupled with a surprised "Wait, this is a Kia?"

Either that, or they ask me where the other one is, referring to the crazy "buy one get one free" promotion some Kia dealers were doing 10-15 years ago. lol!
post #5 of 12 Old 04-22-2017, 09:48 AM

Drives: 2016 KIA Soul SX - Caribbean Blue
Garage
welcome and congrats, I'm on my 3rd Kia. They have been very reliable vehicles (not just my word, but look at all the reports from J.D. Powers and Consumer Reports), well made, lots of features, one of the best warranties (but hardly have made much use of them - 4 times on my first Kia, 1 on my second, nothing so far on my current vehicle), but never any mechanical problems, good solid engines and drivetrains. Also very good local dealer and they have been looking after the service on all my purchases and very inexpensive to maintain the normal maintenance schedule.

Anyone purchasing a new vehicle does themselves an injustice by not checking out and driving a KIA before they make their decision - they are not the KIA of 10-15 years ago, not even 5 years ago.
mechanizeddeath likes this.
post #6 of 12 Old 04-22-2017, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwelpic View Post
Anyone purchasing a new vehicle does themselves an injustice by not checking out and driving a KIA before they make their decision - they are not the KIA of 10-15 years ago, not even 5 years ago.
Totally agree, and I feel foolish for never considering them for as long as I did. I just never thought about Kia I guess.

And I don't even think the ones of 10-15 years ago were all that bad, from my observations a lot of the perceived problems were caused by lack of basic maintenance. People would take home a brand new Sephia and never change the oil or even give it a wash!
post #7 of 12 Old 04-22-2017, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanizeddeath View Post
Welcome!

I was also surprised. I've told my story on the forum before, but the gist of it is that my Ford Focus was totaled in an accident, and the nearby Kia dealer had several identical models on their used lot. But while I was there I took a Kia for a test drive, I ended up being so impressed that I walked out with a new Forte5 EX instead. With the incentives on the leftover 2016 models, my payment was only slightly more than it would have been on a used Focus, but now I get the added value of a full warranty and quite a bit more features too.

The most surprising thing to me though has been the reactions of other people. A lot of people seem to think they're still making the old Sephia, resulting in the combination of a judgemental "You got a Kia?" coupled with a surprised "Wait, this is a Kia?"

Either that, or they ask me Either that, or they ask me where the other one is, referring to the crazy "buy one get one free" promotion some Kia dealers were doing 10-15 years ago. lol!
the other one is, referring to the crazy "buy one get one free" promotion some Kia dealers were doing 10-15 years ago. lol!
Welcome....Was this a real thing? Either that, or they ask me where the other one is, referring to the crazy "buy one get one free" promotion some Kia dealers were doing 10-15 years ago. lol! This is what I am looking for. 2 for 1 left over 2016 Forte 5 mt sx For my 2 boys. Can any of you help me find 2 for 1 ?

My Heart standeth in awe of thy word. I rejoice at thy word as one that findeth great spoil. Ps119:161-162
post #8 of 12 Old 04-23-2017, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Nelson View Post
Welcome....Was this a real thing? This is what I am looking for. 2 for 1 left over 2016 Forte 5 mt sx For my 2 boys. Can any of you help me find 2 for 1 ?
Yeah it was. There were different versions of it, but the basic premise was the same. The first time I heard of it was in the 90s when Kia was still new to the market, where a local dealer was offering a 2 for 1 deal on the Kia Sephia. A later variant would have you buy something like a loaded Sorento or Sedona in top trim and you would get a base Kia Rio for free. Yet another version would give you a free 2007 when you bought a 2008, as shown in this old advertisement from a Kia dealer in Michigan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOy6KRRp3hg

I haven't seen the deal available for quite a while, unless you count leases, since I have seen a few 2 vehicle lease deals available within the past few years.
post #9 of 12 Old 04-23-2017, 05:09 PM

Drives: 2011 Forte5 SX, 2011 Tucson, 2012 Veloster, 2006 Spectra SX
Garage
Quote:
Welcome....Was this a real thing?
Totally real:

mechanizeddeath likes this.

2011 Kia Forte5 SX hatchback (daily driver)
2011 Hyundai Tucson (wife's car)
2012 Hyundai Veloster (1st daughters car)
2006 Kia Spectra SX sedan (2nd daughters car)
Previous cars: 2004 Hyundai Tiburon GTV6 - 2006 Hyundai Tucson V6 - 2006 Kia Sedona EX - 2008 Kia Rondo EX - 2006 Spectra5 SX hatchback

Last edited by NovaResource; 04-23-2017 at 05:13 PM.
post #10 of 12 Old 04-23-2017, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
oNe

Thanks for the welcome everyone! The Android Auto features, sports mode, gas mileage and clean look especially with the "led positioning lights" have been my favorite things so far. I did alot of research and quite honestly chose Kia for budget reasons but the features in this thing don't make me feel like I sacrificed at all and quite honestly I like the overall look a bit better than some of the others out there on the same class. My wife recently got a Toyota Sienna minivan and was kicking herself for not even going down to look at a Kia Sedona.
post #11 of 12 Old 04-23-2017, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
oNe

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanizeddeath View Post
Welcome!

Either that, or they ask me Either that, or they ask me where the other one is, referring to the crazy "buy one get one free" promotion some Kia dealers were doing 10-15 years ago. lol!
the other one is, referring to the crazy "buy one get one free" promotion some Kia dealers were doing 10-15 years ago. lol!
Welcome....Was this a real thing? Either that, or they ask me where the other one is, referring to the crazy "buy one get one free" promotion some Kia dealers were doing 10-15 years ago. lol! This is what I am looking for. 2 for 1 left over 2016 Forte 5 mt sx For my 2 boys. Can any of you help me find 2 for 1 ?
This was a thing here in my area actually just a few years ago. I remember there being a buy a Kia, lease one for $1 type deals that were going for a couple of months. If I find an ad I'll share it.
post #12 of 12 Old 04-24-2017, 09:18 AM

Drives: 2017 Kia Sportage, 2016 Kia F5 SX, 2013 Lexus LS460
congratz and welcome...i am a newbie here also, bought my first Kia back in 2016... no regrets.

[/SIGPIC]just being different...