User Tag List

3Likes
  • 1 Post By Melissa Christinee
  • 1 Post By NovaResource
  • 1 Post By Melissa Christinee

post #1 of 10 Old 04-15-2017, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

New forte owner

Hi there,

I just bought a 2014 Kia Forte from a dealership, and I noticed it has a decal on the side and on the trunk and it reads:

"MANUTD" and "MANUFC"

I'm just wondering if anyone knows what that means! I've tried googling and I cannot figure it out for the life of me! Thanks in advanced! ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1174_1492270578938.jpg (84.6 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1034_1492270600834.jpg (42.8 KB, 61 views)
mechanizeddeath likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 04-15-2017, 01:48 PM

Drives: 2011 Forte5 SX, 2011 Tucson, 2012 Veloster, 2006 Spectra SX
Garage
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Just embedding your pics so they are easier to view:

Not sure what those mean. What dealer did you by the car from? Those are not standard. I'm wondering if they are dealer installed for some reason or something the previous owner put on. Are the stickers just vinyl or are they plastic like the "FORTE" emblem on the trunk?

My only guess is:
MANUTD = Manchester United (Man Utd)
MANUFC is Manchester United Football Club (Man U FC)
They are a popular European Soccer team from Manchester, England.

2011 Kia Forte5 SX hatchback (daily driver)
2011 Hyundai Tucson (wife's car)
2012 Hyundai Veloster (1st daughters car)
2006 Kia Spectra SX sedan (2nd daughters car)
Previous cars: 2004 Hyundai Tiburon GTV6 - 2006 Hyundai Tucson V6 - 2006 Kia Sedona EX - 2008 Kia Rondo EX - 2006 Spectra5 SX hatchback

Last edited by NovaResource; 04-15-2017 at 01:58 PM.
post #3 of 10 Old 04-15-2017, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

I got the car from a Toyota dealership! It's like the same material as like the FORTE is! So I'm not sure what it means! Only thing I can find when googling is Manchester United soccer team? Idk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #4 of 10 Old 04-15-2017, 08:13 PM

Drives: 2011 Forte5 SX, 2011 Tucson, 2012 Veloster, 2006 Spectra SX
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Christinee View Post
Only thing I can find when googling is Manchester United soccer team?
Yeah, that's my guess. You can just remove it. Heat the emblems with a hair dryer, then use thin fishing line or dental floss and "saw" behind the letters to remove them. Next use WD-40 or something like Goo-Gone to remove the remaining residue. Finished up with a little cleaning wax. Here are a couple videos for you but there are dozens more on YouTube. Just search on "debadge car"

mechanizeddeath likes this.

2011 Kia Forte5 SX hatchback (daily driver)
2011 Hyundai Tucson (wife's car)
2012 Hyundai Veloster (1st daughters car)
2006 Kia Spectra SX sedan (2nd daughters car)
Previous cars: 2004 Hyundai Tiburon GTV6 - 2006 Hyundai Tucson V6 - 2006 Kia Sedona EX - 2008 Kia Rondo EX - 2006 Spectra5 SX hatchback
post #5 of 10 Old 04-15-2017, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

Hey thank you!!!!!! I appreciate it!

post #6 of 10 Old 04-15-2017, 09:34 PM

Drives: 2016 Forte 5 SX, Snow White Pearl
First off, lovely car! Has the same wheels as my '16 Forte5.

Secondly, yeah it looks like something that was added by the previous owner. There are stick on badges you can buy at the various car parts stores, things like fake Buick portholes or "Limited Edition" badges. I've also seen the entire alphabet available, allowing you to spell out anything you wish. There's even a dollar sign, for the true ballers!

Anyway, that's probably what those are, especially if the letters are all separate. In either case, you can easily remove them with the above method, especially since they're an aftermarket addition and the adhesive for those tends to be pretty weak compared to the stock emblems, at least in my experience. The Toyota dealer likely left them on either because they didn't realize they were aftermarket, or decided they weren't worth the trouble to remove.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (10.6 KB, 66 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to mechanizeddeath For This Useful Post:
Melissa Christinee (04-15-2017)
post #7 of 10 Old 04-15-2017, 11:18 PM Thread Starter

Hey! Thank you for your response I really appreciate it!!!! I will most likely remove Them! Also hoping to get the new k 3.0 logo things idk maybe haha

Paul@K5OptimaStore likes this.
post #8 of 10 Old 04-16-2017, 10:07 PM
Site Sponsor

Drives: 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport, 2007 Nissan 350Z
Quote:
Hey! Thank you for your response I really appreciate it!!!! I will most likely remove Them! Also hoping to get the new k 3.0 logo things idk maybe haha

Welcome to the forums, and congratulations on your new Forte!

Yes, I'm almost certain that was not put on by the dealership or the factory. That's definitely aftermarket

You can actually follow the guide for the 3.0 K installation for removing those pesky letters (and do the 3.0 K emblem install if you decide to purchase them )
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/02...ial_1.pdf?8985

Let me know if I can help you with anything!
https://www.k5optimastore.com/products/kemblems

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|

|
|
|
|

- NOW OPEN!

The Following User Says Thank You to Paul@K5OptimaStore For This Useful Post:
Melissa Christinee (04-16-2017)
post #9 of 10 Old 04-16-2017, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

Hey there, thank you for your response! I saw your videos on YouTube actually before I even joined this forum! I was wondering, do you make custom emblems? I really want to get the 3.0 but all black rhinestone (so extra I know lol) let me know if you have anything like that or even just the all black 3.0 k and I can bedazzle myself haha thanks again!

post #10 of 10 Old 04-17-2017, 10:09 AM
Site Sponsor

Drives: 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport, 2007 Nissan 350Z
Quote:
Hey there, thank you for your response! I saw your videos on YouTube actually before I even joined this forum! I was wondering, do you make custom emblems? I really want to get the 3.0 but all black rhinestone (so extra I know lol) let me know if you have anything like that or even just the all black 3.0 k and I can bedazzle myself haha thanks again!

We make a black edition verison of the emblems I'll link below but we do not specialize in a customized badge outside of that

https://www.k5optimastore.com/produc...-black-edition

|
|
|
|
|

|
|
|
|

- NOW OPEN!