Kia Forte Forum banner

Having a hard time finding a shift knob

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Kuffuffled 
#1 ·
Obviously there's TWM but I was hoping for a coated one. Something that doesn't get intensely hot or cold in our extreme weather. Also a knob compatible with reverse lockout limits the results significantly.

[BUYER BEWARE] I ordered one from http://www.shopflossy.com/, coated grip tape red. Too bad this guy hardly delivers any of his orders in the last year or so. Paypal got my money back.

Any suggestions?

#2 ·
I think one of the knobs for the maxima will work. Anything for the tiburon that has reverse lockout should work. I am still looking for a good weighted and leather covered knob though.

#4 ·
I'm pretty sure the d.i.y was lost when forte squad shut down, but I did a good bit of looking around for shift knobs. Most subarus use a reverse lockout but the recess has to be hollowed because the hole isn't wide enough, the thread pattern is also different. You'll have to do your research but I did one Subaru knob where I bore out the reverse lockout recess and added a threaded sleeve that matched the fortes thread pattern. I also saw a few sites making Kia soul knobs that from what I could tell should fit the forte. The second and current knob I have, I just bought the knob I really wanted, it had no type of recess, I ground out a recess big enough for the reverse lockout and filled the hole I created half way up with exopy resin, when the resin hardened I drilled and threaded the resin bigger than the fortes threaded pattern and inserted a threaded sleeve to match the fortes threaded pattern. It's a good amount of work but it works and if you take your time it looks seemless like it is supposed to fit. If that is out of your scope, sick speed on eBay sells a reverse lockout adapter that works with any knob but it looks bulky and out of place to me. It's to hard for me to add pictures on here using my phone.

Reactions: s.f.c.hooligan
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.