Tilt and Telescopic Steering Wheel - Kia Forte Forum : Sedan / Koup / Forte5 Forums
User Tag List

#1 Old 10-24-2012, 05:19 PM

Default Tilt and Telescopic Steering Wheel

I own a 2013 Kia Forte EX (Canadian version) and I was trying to adjust everything to my liking. I come from a 2002 civic which was great visibility wise so I'm trying to fine tune my visibility in the Forte specifically the driver's side B pillar and a little further back in the blind spot area.

I'm trying to set my seat back a bit so when I rotate my head just a tad, I can see the blindspot already instead of seeing the B pillar. My legs are long enough so the pedals won't be an issue but I'd like to telescope the steering wheel, however when I unlock the steering wheel, I can only seem to tilt it. In fact the tilt is more like height adjustment as the angle of the tilt doesn't really change. I can't seem to telescope it at all. Am I just not using enough force?

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong before I harass my dealership? Technically they should have done a better job showing me the car's features, but I was too focused on the exterior of the car during inspection.

Last edited by Xzyrus; 10-24-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-24-2012, 06:16 PM

Garage

Maybe it is already all the way out.Have you tried pushing it back in?There is not a whole lot of adjustment to be had.

2011 Forte 5 EX
#3 Old 10-24-2012, 08:38 PM

Their should be no blind spots if you're rear view mirror & side mirrors are adjusted properly. If that cannot be accomplished you can buy those little stick-on mirrors for side view mirrors.
#4 Old 10-25-2012, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzyrus View Post
I own a 2013 Kia Forte EX (Canadian version) and I was trying to adjust everything to my liking. I come from a 2002 civic which was great visibility wise so I'm trying to fine tune my visibility in the Forte specifically the driver's side B pillar and a little further back in the blind spot area.

I'm trying to set my seat back a bit so when I rotate my head just a tad, I can see the blindspot already instead of seeing the B pillar. My legs are long enough so the pedals won't be an issue but I'd like to telescope the steering wheel, however when I unlock the steering wheel, I can only seem to tilt it. In fact the tilt is more like height adjustment as the angle of the tilt doesn't really change. I can't seem to telescope it at all. Am I just not using enough force?

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong before I harass my dealership? Technically they should have done a better job showing me the car's features, but I was too focused on the exterior of the car during inspection.
It definitely took some time to adjust everything to get comfortable in my 2013 koup...still making slight adjustments. Get the little blind spot mirrors. They do wonders!

2013 Kia Forte Koup EX
#5 Old 10-25-2012, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripphard View Post
you can buy those little stick-on mirrors for side view mirrors.
oh, i've gotten so used to those little convex mirrors on EVERY vehicle i've ever had...i MUST have them!!! that's the first "mod" to any new vehicle purchase! lol
#6 Old 10-25-2012, 04:59 PM

Tried it again with more force. Once I got it moving, telescoping was fine. The initial move after unlock was the toughest from when it was at its' shortest position.
#7 Old 10-25-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
oh, i've gotten so used to those little convex mirrors on EVERY vehicle i've ever had...i MUST have them!!! that's the first "mod" to any new vehicle purchase! lol
I agree with this 100%. This is the first car I have ever put them on and I cannot believe I waited so long.

Glad to hear you got the telescoping to work!

2013 Kia Forte Koup EX
#8 Old 11-07-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubix View Post
I agree with this 100%. This is the first car I have ever put them on and I cannot believe I waited so long.

Glad to hear you got the telescoping to work!
+1
After reading this thread I paid attention to how many times per trip to the stores that it would be useful to have one of these . I quickly realized that I passed by at least one Freeway exit each way on each trip ( I am on the feeder road almost all of the time ) . These are about 6 mile round trips every day.

Just bought a rectangle one at Oriely's for the driver's side. I like it.

Thanks guys.

2012 Spicy Red Forte EX Sedan, 6 Speed Automatic, Sunroof and 16" Factory 10 Spoke Alloy Wheels & "Kuhmo Ecsta ASX 225/50/r16 tires, K & N replacement Air Filter