Kia Forte Forum banner

Extended warranty in Canada from Kia or third party?

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  redgrandam 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I'm getting delivery of my first Kia (2015 forte sedan) on monday night. I opted to get extended warranty to match my financing period. Got it at a decent price. But I'm wondering if lately the dealers would be selling third party warranties or if it is literally an extension of the factory warranty as described? I forgot to ask at the time. It was supposed to have a $100 deductible, but I got that waived if that indicates whether it's the official Kia one or not.

He also said that due to the price I got the warranty for, he'd get in trouble for listing it on the bill of sale as a warranty, and put it as 'protection' so it wouldn't be a problem on their end.

I have no reason not to trust that's the truth, but just wondering if I should be questioning if it's third party or not?

This is in SW Ontario Canada btw.

Thanks!!

#3 ·
Yeah. You are right. Problem is our sales contract doesn't specify any warranty, just says protection. I thought the info was attached but it wasn't. We don't have any specific warranty contract in our hands. I guess they will have it for us next week.

I'll just have to make sure when we sign the final paperwork on delivery day that it is the actual Kia one.

I had a hard time finding the Kia protect site that I'm assuming is the plan I got since there is no mention on Kia.ca about it.

#6 ·
You are probably OK if you haven't signed the final paperwork. It is your right to have everything spelled out in writing and for it to be clear. Remember, basic contract law says it is only what is in writing that they are bound to, not any oral agreement. If it isn't in writing and you sign it, it doesn't exist. Don't be shy about it. If you think something smells fishy it's usually rotting carp.

#7 ·
That's true. My wife doesn't remember sinning anything specific to warranty. And the fact the bill of sale says warranty declined is odd. And signing something that just says 'protection' isn't very clear.

I guess my question was, the official Kia canada extended warranty, does it typically have a $100 deductible? I think the answer is yes. But hoping someone can confirm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.