Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Saudi Arabia
Drives: Kia Forte
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey hi, I just recently install cruise control con my Forte LX 2014 (1.6L) everythings works like a charm but with no dash light. Can you send a PM for where I can contact your korean buddy for a I can order the micro leds and micro resistor. I've plenty knowledge about soldering this kinds of stuffs I'll be thank you for that information.
For everyone who is scary about modding his car this is the D.I.Y. I've done on a Forte 2014 LX (1.6 DOHC) no-turbo (non-heated version):
1. Installed Overhead Console.
2. Installed Driver/Passenger vanity Lights.
3. Upgraded my steering wheel (Audio control, bluethoot control (no voice recognition), Trip switch with Audio Control, Bluethoot control (voice recognition), Cruise Control, Trip Switch and Paddle Shift (All working like a charm).
3. Installed Central Console Panel (that with came with a slidingdoor, and cigarette Lighter).
4. Upgraded my Audio Unit (Convencional no touch, no backup camera display, no voice recognition) to a new OEM Audio Unit with touch screen, backup camera and voice recognition.
5. Installed a new pair of Power Folding Mirror Outside (with directional lights, puddle lights, folding-unfolding function), the Driver Panel Inside with the switch (folding-unfolding) and re-wire all the way to make them work just like the EX and SX.
6. Installed Fog Lights using the schematics from KiaTechInfo, no-aftermarket install.
7. Installed a Backup-camera aftermarket with a wireless transmiter for I've not to re-wire all way back to Audio Unit.
8. Installed Electromagnetic backup sensor for I've no drill the rear bumper.
Now I'm waiting the new rims 17" for complete all my work fully equiped LX upgraded to EX.
I see that this is an old thread but I just bought a 2016 Forte LX Auto without cruise I ordered the part off ebay with the extension harness but the harness they sent will not plug into the clock ring harness as is its different. any help would be great
I could not find anything on adding cruise to a forte that did not come equipped so I figured it out myself. It's very simple and takes just a few hours. first off I want to say, no ECM reflash is needed to make this work, simply make the wires and buy a steering wheel with cruise and you will be good to go. I posted pics of the diagrams I used and that should help, mainly what I'm saying is I have added cruise to my forte LX and if uou have technical know how you can too.
This is for the first gen^^^^^^