air bag removal / adding o.e. cruise control to a non equipped car - Page 6 - Kia Forte Forum : Sedan / Koup / Forte5 Forums
User Tag List

1Likes

post #76 of 85 Old 11-11-2015, 11:58 AM

Drives: Kia Forte
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbitcool View Post
Hey hi, I just recently install cruise control con my Forte LX 2014 (1.6L) everythings works like a charm but with no dash light. Can you send a PM for where I can contact your korean buddy for a I can order the micro leds and micro resistor. I've plenty knowledge about soldering this kinds of stuffs I'll be thank you for that information.

For everyone who is scary about modding his car this is the D.I.Y. I've done on a Forte 2014 LX (1.6 DOHC) no-turbo (non-heated version):

1. Installed Overhead Console.
2. Installed Driver/Passenger vanity Lights.
3. Upgraded my steering wheel (Audio control, bluethoot control (no voice recognition), Trip switch with Audio Control, Bluethoot control (voice recognition), Cruise Control, Trip Switch and Paddle Shift (All working like a charm).
3. Installed Central Console Panel (that with came with a slidingdoor, and cigarette Lighter).
4. Upgraded my Audio Unit (Convencional no touch, no backup camera display, no voice recognition) to a new OEM Audio Unit with touch screen, backup camera and voice recognition.
5. Installed a new pair of Power Folding Mirror Outside (with directional lights, puddle lights, folding-unfolding function), the Driver Panel Inside with the switch (folding-unfolding) and re-wire all the way to make them work just like the EX and SX.
6. Installed Fog Lights using the schematics from KiaTechInfo, no-aftermarket install.
7. Installed a Backup-camera aftermarket with a wireless transmiter for I've not to re-wire all way back to Audio Unit.
8. Installed Electromagnetic backup sensor for I've no drill the rear bumper.

Now I'm waiting the new rims 17" for complete all my work fully equiped LX upgraded to EX.

Cheers!
great work
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 85 Old 07-23-2016, 09:11 AM

I see that this is an old thread but I just bought a 2016 Forte LX Auto without cruise I ordered the part off ebay with the extension harness but the harness they sent will not plug into the clock ring harness as is its different. any help would be great
post #78 of 85 Old 07-30-2016, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Choppo View Post
I see that this is an old thread but I just bought a 2016 Forte LX Auto without cruise I ordered the part off ebay with the extension harness but the harness they sent will not plug into the clock ring harness as is its different. any help would be great
I also just purchased a 16 model forte and i am planning on adding the CC to it before my next road trip. So i will be waiting for your results. Sorry i dont have an answer for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #79 of 85 Old 08-04-2016, 06:43 PM

Hi! I just completed doing this last night.

The plug for the heated steering wheel and the non-heated steering wheel are different. I ran into this same problem. Some people have suggested re-pinning the new wires into the old plug.

OR!
You could do what I did and shave the new plug down so that It fit snug into the steering column. I am going to do a write up with pictures this weekend. DETAILED write up with the heated steering wheel plug into a non-heated steering wheel.

I own a 2016 Kia Forte LX 1.8l with the 6-speed Manual Transmission.

Also, the Cruise control works great ;P
post #80 of 85 Old 08-08-2016, 01:19 AM

i manage to add on paddle shifters to mine by re-pinning the wires...its a pain in the butt!
post #81 of 85 Old 11-22-2016, 10:49 AM

Plis. How remove airbag module?
post #82 of 85 Old 11-22-2016, 10:51 AM

airbag module

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramzy View Post
great work
PLIS. How remove airbag module of stering whells???
post #83 of 85 Old 06-09-2017, 04:55 AM

I have everything for this but my new pigtail won't plug into the clockspring. Wrong pigtail? Different sizes connectors.
post #84 of 85 Old 02-06-2018, 03:56 AM

Cruise Control for 2012 guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris12forte View Post
I could not find anything on adding cruise to a forte that did not come equipped so I figured it out myself. It's very simple and takes just a few hours. first off I want to say, no ECM reflash is needed to make this work, simply make the wires and buy a steering wheel with cruise and you will be good to go. I posted pics of the diagrams I used and that should help, mainly what I'm saying is I have added cruise to my forte LX and if uou have technical know how you can too.

This is for the first gen^^^^^^
thanks a lot Chris, I am actually implementing this project
I earlier saw a manual transmission Kia RIO doing it without any ECM adjustments or wirings
I have a 2012 Forte that came with Paddle shifters but with no cruise control nor audio voice recognition, although i have Bluetooth working
I have been able to get a good deal for a steering wheel ( without paddle shifters ) and got the required parts out of it
and made my special harness that contained full steering wheel features
so luckily i have the 12 PIN clock spring OEM installed

however Cruise control is still not working so i am guessing my main issue now is wiring the two PINS from ECU ( 15 & 30 ) to the PINs in the back of the clock spring ( corresponds to 12 and 11 respectively )
My main questions now are the following :

1- There is a plastic cover with a thick harness beside the Fuse box under the hood and there is the ECM unit with a thick harness as well under the wipers , which one that have the required PINs ( 15 and 30 )
2- How to know the PINs ( 15 & 30 ) exactly after i open the required socket, from where to start counting
3- from where to move the new wires and to get them inserted in the car and to go to the back of the clock spring
I mean I want to know the path of the new wires
4- Did the LEDs for Cruise and SET worked in the Dash without any extra steps ?
As i saw earleir in the thread that for Forte 2014+ that they need some resistors and other extra work

Finally the voice recognition did not work as well ( but seems the headunit is not quipped with it )
although i have bluetooth connectivity

I can download some images ( steering wheel or clock spring or ECM ) if anybody requires
post #85 of 85 Old 02-07-2018, 01:17 PM

CC = Cruise Control

I have failed and i really want this to work
I have diassembled steering wheel and clock spring, made sure that all pins are wired in correct numbers ( CC are 10,11 and 12 )
Found harness coming to the rear socket of the clock already wired for the CC pins
Found pin 15 and 30 wired in the ecu or ecm socket
Did not find any fuse in the cabin or in the fuse box that is missing or burnt

I went to authorized service center for a trial to configure or flash ecu if this will fix the issue
They donot have this feature and have only read diagnostics where the engineer checked in a ride and the ecu is not seeing ( sensing ) cruise control buttons

I now have a beatiful good looking steering wheel with not working cruise control

I really want to make it working