Kia Forte Forum banner

TurboKits.com CAI Install video

22K views 44 replies 26 participants last post by  treef 
#1 ·
I guess I should have posted the link to my install of the TurboKits CAI in this Thread. So here it is.

I will make a video when I install my spoiler shortly.

#6 ·
It's niiice I'm gonna order one as soon as I get some more $$. One question though the intake seems to be pointed downwards, if it rains water won't get in it will it?

#13 ·
I will take it off for service, takes about 5 minutes if you have done it once. Beats having to bicker with the service managers.

There is no reason this would void anything since there isn't even an air sensor involved. Just more air and better filter.

#14 ·
I asked my service manager here at the dealership i work at (ron bouchards kia) and he told me it voids warranty. Does that stop me from getting an intake and when going into service removing it..... absolutely NOT! :)

#19 ·
3 inch tubing is used on TurboKits and the stock air intake on the engine is 2.5inch approx. (probably metric). You can use a measuring tape to see how far you want to run your tube. K&N air filter is just a narrow filter (to fit down into front area which has a tight opening) with a 3 inch diameter opening to fit onto the tube if you go 3 inch. Injen looks like they used a 2.5 inch tube.

#21 ·
Okay So I got the intake installed and i kinda rigged the ECU mount for now ( thanks to crappy tools ). I don't have an engine check light, and the ECU isn't burning my hand. Are there any signs to a bad install?

#22 ·
If the filter or tube is banging against the bumper frame then you may need to twist the tube a little until it doesn't make contact. Bad installs tend to be engine not starting or banging noise on shifts or revs.

#27 ·
The retail kit comes with an ECU bracket that allows you to remove the factory air box since the air box holds the ECU in place. Looks much cleaner under the hood with air box removed and not collecting dirt and bugs.

#29 ·
I have a 2011 SX A/T and I just received my TK CAI today, no install manual. :-/ TK is emailing it soon though. TK advised that this intake will work, when you call in just let them know you have the 2.4 A/T and they will get you the intake needed. (I don't really know if there is any difference or if there is only 1 model) I will let you know if I run into any problems with mine.

#30 ·
is there any other way the cai could be be mounted rather than it pointing down, like maybe have it going vertically towards the windshield. And if i could would it not affect anything

#31 ·
Mounting it in front of (air channels from the front to the back of car during driving) and below (heat rises) the actual engine that produces the heat is the ideal location other than mounting it outside of the car in front which would look pretty funny. Having it near the windshield would put it right where most the engine heat gets dispersed, not an ideal location for a "Cold" air intake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.