Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-12-2016, 09:56 AM
Site Sponsor

Drives: 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport, 2007 Nissan 350Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by wymi View Post
Awesome shots, thanks for sharing!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|

|
|
|
|

- NOW OPEN!

post #3 of 9 Old 09-16-2016, 06:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
That turned out nice! I have Snow White Pearl hatch and I've been eyeing the murdered out black badges. I may have to bite the bullet and finally get my K badges.

Where abouts in Illinois are you? I'm out in the western Chicago burbs.
The Following User Says Thank You to RobTheBob For This Useful Post:
7232 (11-19-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 11-19-2016, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTheBob View Post
That turned out nice! I have Snow White Pearl hatch and I've been eyeing the murdered out black badges. I may have to bite the bullet and finally get my K badges.

Where abouts in Illinois are you? I'm out in the western Chicago burbs.
I'm in the Algonquin,Crystal lake area.
post #5 of 9 Old 11-21-2016, 12:49 AM

Drives: 2017 Titanium Soul auto, 2001 PT
Kewl. Do people ask you about your Lexus?

Did you do the wheels too? Do your wheels have KIA emblems?

2017 Titanium Soul auto; 2001 PT LTD.

post #6 of 9 Old 11-21-2016, 10:02 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
Kewl. Do people ask you about your Lexus?

Did you do the wheels too? Do your wheels have KIA emblems?
You will probably get that, people often mistake these badges for Lexus badges. There are 3.0 K wheel cap overlays available if you wish for them to not read "KIA"

|
|
|
|
|

|
|
|
|

- NOW OPEN!

post #7 of 9 Old 02-07-2017, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Sad to say these badges became weathered and pitted in a few short months. K5 Optima store, not Paul, refuses to stand behind their product and will not replace the pitted badges. I am taking the loss but I plan to just paint these badges a flat black color and try to cover up the pitted surfaces. I may look in to an all metal set of badges from a site directed to me by one of the members here. These look to be of much better quality:
http://lodenemblems.com/products/3d-metal-k-series
post #8 of 9 Old 02-07-2017, 08:24 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Sad to say these badges became weathered and pitted in a few short months. K5 Optima store, not Paul, refuses to stand behind their product and will not replace the pitted badges. I am taking the loss but I plan to just paint these badges a flat black color and try to cover up the pitted surfaces. I may look in to an all metal set of badges from a site directed to me by one of the members here. These look to be of much better quality:
http://lodenemblems.com/products/3d-metal-k-series
There are simple measures we ask the customer to do before returning replacement badges, you'd be surprised how many people forget to remove the outer protective coverings or simply clean the badge off to remove salt etc. If you've covered these simple tasks and the badges arent in an acceptable condition we are more than happy to warranty your badges. David was just following protocol, simple question and answer with you.

I dont know if there was a misunderstanding but there was at no point during your conversation with David a refusal from K5 Optima Store of replacing the badges, I can assure you. At the end of the day we stand by our warranty, I'm sorry you're choosing not to have your badges replaced but that is out of my control.

Thanks,

-Paul

|
|
|
|
|

|
|
|
|

- NOW OPEN!

post #9 of 9 Old 02-08-2017, 04:56 PM

Drives: Kia Forte, 1994 Nissan Altima GXE, 2000 Altima SE
Got mine from Amazon. So far so good. Took a little longer because they came from Korea. Only paid 35 Had them for 6 months now I believe. First photo is before back K3/EX badges got painted and 2nd is after.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sketch-1486590187798[1].jpg
Views:	42
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	64865   Click image for larger version

Name:	PhotoFonty_Wed_Feb_8_15_30_52_2017_edit[1].jpg
Views:	44
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	64873