Kia Forte Forum banner

Bluetooth Audio Issues

8K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Mhaley1156 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello to all. I've come to you hoping for answers to my Bluetooth Audio issue.
2012 5 door EX all stock

Old phone... iPhone 5s (BT version 4.0 A2DP) pairs nicely, phone and contacts are good, AND google maps uses audio system alongside the radio for verbal navigation.

New phone... 2019 Motorola G7 (android, BT version 4.2 LE A2DP, aptX) pairs fine, phone and contacts are good, BUT google maps does not use audio system alongside the radio for verbal navigation.
To hear navigation I must use Aux.
The phone sees the car as a headset, I don't know why. Motorola and Kia had no solutions other than to say they don't know or the phone is too new. ��

Ideas? Save me from having to go back to the iPhone. Thanks very much.

#3 ·
Hey Carl... Thanks for the reply

Voice over BT has been set from the start, so has the BT link set to play media audio through it. Basically all settings are as they should be, even per Motorola during a remote access support session
Google maps no go except for Aux. Same thing for testing google sound. Nada... unacceptable.

I think we may have no love between audio codecs on both ends. I dunno.

#4 ·
That's really weird then. I also have a G7, but I replaced my head unit with a Sony that does Android Auto, so I plug my phone in via the USB interface to get all the Android Auto goodies. But I do get voice directions if I unmute maps. I usually keep it muted though.

Can you play music from your phone over BT?

Can you borrow some friends' phones of different types and see if it's a more general android issue or just specific to your G7?

My guess is it's likely an issue with your 7 year old stock head unit though.

#5 ·
Carl, I found a solution, more or less, Though it's a little different than what I'm used to.

I installed Spotify along with my four favorite radio stations using an app. I pair up the G7, load google maps and a music source, press Aux for the input and everything works. It's a workaround in my book, but having my radio stations, Spotify Andvocal navigation as I wanted I am good to go.

This may be as good as it gets or there's another solution floating around here.
Thanks Carl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.