2016 Forte LX LED Low Beam Question - Kia Forte Forum : Sedan / Koup / Forte5 Forums
User Tag List

post #1 of 5 Unread 04-20-2019, 02:10 AM Thread Starter

2016 Forte LX LED Low Beam Question

New to the forum, bought a used 2016 Kia Forte LX base, to drive to work and back for good mileage. I’m use to HID’s in my other cars and the stock light output is terrible. I see it has projectors for the lowbeams and have put LED’s into other vehicles in the past. I searched the forum for an hour before I made this post , but was wondering if there are any direct plug in LED H11’s out there that will fit with the stock dust cover put back on? Thanks for any and all help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Unread 04-25-2019, 11:17 PM
Supporting Vendor

Drives: 2015 Kia K900
Welcome to the Forte Forum!

Congrats on picking up your 2016 Kia Forte LX.

We carry the best LEDs on the market right now for Kia & Hyundai vehicles.

You do not need to put the dust cover back on, as that is for the halogen bulbs.

We have been selling our LED kits for almost 6 years now, & never had an issue.

The LED Bulbs are sealed, so they are unaffected by dust or water getting on them.

You can find them on our website here: RGB LED Color Changing Headlight or Fog Light Kit - K5 Optima Store

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHX_U6iRzww

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|

|
|
|
|

- NOW OPEN!

post #3 of 5 Unread 04-26-2019, 09:47 AM
PLP
Super Moderator

Drives: 2016 KIA Forte5 SX A/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleap783 View Post
Iím use to HIDís

And stick to HID if you can...

You will find out that I am a strong opponent of LED in headlights. Not OEM setup, as those are most of the time great, but the "replacement ones".

I was planning on not saying anything here to not be dragged into discussion how bad LED or halogen, or HID is. Many aspects are subjective, but there are some which are objective, yet most people do not really notice them.

Anyway, to not side track.

Man, do NOT leave the headlights without dust covers.
I am sorry, but K5 Optima Store is very wrong in this particular statement.
The dust cover is for... keeping dust away. Nothing more, nothing less.
Not having the cover on will result in dust covering your lenses, mirrors, and the whole headlight. From inside, I mean. No way to clean it out then. It is permanently broken.
Unless K5 Optima Store meant some other cover.

If you have the time, take a look here.
https://www.forteforums.com/forums/k...ml#post1009112

And stick to HID for now...

As for LED.
Some are great for taillights, turn signals, or DRL. Really, I use them myself. Yet, only a few of them would fill the light assembly correctly and reflect the light as it was designed.

Drives:
2016 KIA Forte5 SX 1.6 T-GDI, A/T ("cheap GTI" - surprises many drivers)
2014 FIAT 500e (my first EV - awesome toy!!)
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD with Roof and Beats (for my wife)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Unread 04-26-2019, 06:47 PM
Supporting Vendor

Drives: 2015 Kia K900
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLP View Post
Man, do NOT leave the headlights without dust covers.
I am sorry, but K5 Optima Store is very wrong in this particular statement.
The dust cover is for... keeping dust away. Nothing more, nothing less.
Not having the cover on will result in dust covering your lenses, mirrors, and the whole headlight. From inside, I mean. No way to clean it out then. It is permanently broken.
Unless K5 Optima Store meant some other cover.
No problem, we can agree to disagree, it wouldn't be the 1st time, or the 1st forum.

As the owner of my business, we have been selling LED headlights this way for half a decade now.

We have hundreds, possibly even thousands of customers running our LED headlights without dust covers for years now.

There haven't been any issues doing it this way, and I 100% disagree with your assessment of the headlamps being "permanently broken"

Anyone can feel free to read the countless 5-Star reviews from "verified" customers on our site, who have purchased the LED headlights and love them.

Have a great weekend folks!

|
|
|
|
|

|
|
|
|

- NOW OPEN!

post #5 of 5 Unread 04-29-2019, 12:37 PM
PLP
Super Moderator

Drives: 2016 KIA Forte5 SX A/T
Man, I do not know what to say.
On one hand I do not want to drag a pointless argument, but on the other I cannot simply take the "agree to disagree".

If that was about a certain brake lights LED being superior over another - yeah, that is some kind of talk that you may say this one is great, but I would disagree. Sure. Stupid to fight over.

But not putting the dust cover back... Come on. It is not old style sealed beam headlight. By not having it back in place, dust will land inside, covering the lens, the mirrors, turn signals, high beam - all of it. That is a permanent damage.
It has nothing to do with the LED being in there or not.
Unless your kit arrives with some other type of seal to close the headlight assembly.

Otherwise, dust will be slowly getting in there.

Drives:
2016 KIA Forte5 SX 1.6 T-GDI, A/T ("cheap GTI" - surprises many drivers)
2014 FIAT 500e (my first EV - awesome toy!!)
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD with Roof and Beats (for my wife)