Kia Forte Forum banner

Transmission Swap 1.6 - 2.0

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Kia_stlucia 
#1 ·
I have a 2011 AT 6fwd 1.6 Koup with a dead reverse gear. It started with a delay, now it's dead.

My options are rebuilding the transmission or getting another used one. I THINK, the transmission number for the 1.6L is A6GF1 and the 2.0s are A6MF1.

Would the transmission of a 2.0 work like normal on my 1.6? Do they share the same gear ratios? Etc. etc.

If I do choose to rebuild, can someone suggest a reputable place to get a proper kit to do so?

#2 ·
I have a 2011 AT 6fwd 1.6 Koup with a dead reverse gear. It started with a delay, now it's dead.

My options are rebuilding the transmission or getting another used one. I THINK, the transmission number for the 1.6L is A6GF1 and the 2.0s are A6MF1.

Would the transmission of a 2.0 work like normal on my 1.6? Do they share the same gear ratios? Etc. etc.

If I do choose to rebuild, can someone suggest a reputable place to get a proper kit to do so?
Did you ever figure it out? I am on the island of stlucia and my transmission just went out but I cant locate my transmission anywhere. Did you get the transmission for another kia or hyundai?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.