Kia Forte Forum banner

2015 Kia Forte Koupe - Sensor issues?

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  mechanizeddeath 
#1 ·
I leased a 2015 Kia Forte Koupe in Sept. 2014. I've had the car in the shop nine times in two and half years for what I'm being told is a sensor issue. The sensor goes out when I push the start button in the vehicle. I lose my power steering, cruise control, and shift indicator. The power steering, tire pressure and engine lights all appear on my dash as well. I also get the notification through my radio telling me there is an issues with my engine and I need to schedule an appointment. The following codes are what the dealership has noted in the repair orders; 1426 codes set p2159, c1622, 1212, c1623, c1687, b250000. The dealership has reset the individual sensor (numerous times) as well as replaced it. At one point they replaced the four sensors and the cruise control switch with no success. This last time March 2017, they reset the sensor and cleaned the grounds. The problem is intermittent, when it happens it makes it difficult to drive the vehicle at a slower speed and around curves. Has anyone else experienced this same issue?

#2 ·
.... I've had the car in the shop nine times in two and half years ...
First, a disclaimer that I've never leased, and don't really know anything about the details. That said, I would have just assumed if you leased a lemon, that you had the right to demand an exchange for a vehicle that actually works. Is that not the case?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.