New to forum, looking for a new horn - Kia Forte Forum : Sedan / Koup / Forte5 Forums
User Tag List

post #1 of 5 Old 01-24-2018, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

New to forum, looking for a new horn

Hey guys. I just purchased a 2018 Forte S. I have looked through the forum and found links for the K & K3 badge, as well as a link for interior LEDs (which are awesome). However I haven't found anything about a horn replacement. The stock horn is.........a little weak. I know there are hundreds of horns out there, but I'm wondering if there is any advice on a "plug and play" after market horn. I would love to find something that doesn't require new wiring so I can switch it back if needed. I don't want to do anything to void the warranty or be told that as an excuse if I need to use the warranty. Thanks for any advice in advance! I'm going to continue to look around the forum as I've seen a lot of great cars on here so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-24-2018, 06:20 PM

Drives: 2011 Forte5 SX, 2011 Tucson, 2012 Veloster, 2006 Spectra SX
Garage
Nothing is going to plug and play. At least nothing with a significant change. Cutting the wires and adding a male and female spade connectors isn't hard.

Personally I like Hella Horns. The SuperTones are loug but high pitched like the factory horns. Personally, I prefer the Twin Tone Trumpets. These videos I made might help:

2011 Kia Forte5 SX hatchback (daily driver)
2011 Hyundai Tucson (wife's car)
2012 Hyundai Veloster (1st daughters car)
2006 Kia Spectra SX sedan (2nd daughters car)
Previous cars: 2004 Hyundai Tiburon GTV6 - 2006 Hyundai Tucson V6 - 2006 Kia Sedona EX - 2008 Kia Rondo EX - 2006 Spectra5 SX hatchback
post #3 of 5 Old 01-24-2018, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Awesome! Thanks for your help Nova the videos are perfect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-25-2018, 10:02 AM
Site Sponsor

Drives: 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport, 2007 Nissan 350Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_dude View Post
Hey guys. I just purchased a 2018 Forte S. I have looked through the forum and found links for the K & K3 badge, as well as a link for interior LEDs (which are awesome). However I haven't found anything about a horn replacement. The stock horn is.........a little weak. I know there are hundreds of horns out there, but I'm wondering if there is any advice on a "plug and play" after market horn. I would love to find something that doesn't require new wiring so I can switch it back if needed. I don't want to do anything to void the warranty or be told that as an excuse if I need to use the warranty. Thanks for any advice in advance! I'm going to continue to look around the forum as I've seen a lot of great cars on here so far.
Welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately there arent any plug and play options out there. We've got a few options for you in the horn department:

PIAA horns are by far the loudest option without blowing your ears or the bank:
https://www.k5optimastore.com/products/piaahorns

Sickspeed horns are an upgrade over stock horns for sure and when mounted behind the grill add a sportier appeal to the car:
https://www.k5optimastore.com/products/sickspeed-horns

Videos for both can be found in the link description at the bottom!

-Paul

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|

|
|
|
|

- NOW OPEN!

post #5 of 5 Old 05-16-2019, 10:40 AM

Go to your local salvage/junk yard & look for SUV/Truck horns. I bought a pair for $10. There from 2007 GMC Envoy. Glad I did the horn mod. As for the plug & play, you can look online for the plug to your OEM horn. Solder onto the SUV/Truck horns. No cutting to your installed OEM plug & play wire & you stay factory no warranty voiding.

I don't know if the new fortes have a tone adjusting screw that on the horn body like on the 1st gen fortes (2010-2013).

Hooe this helps.