Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I bought ny new 2019 Kia Forte in August 2019. This warning message and associated “ Christmas tree-esqe” lights started sporadically appearing within a few weeks of my purchase. The message and lights seem to appear sometimes when I apply brakes a stop sign or red light. I do not apply the brakes especially hard and there are not any cars extremely near to me. It is not the actual collision avoidance that comes on but rather a warning message to “ check” the collision avoidance system. Well, I have been bank to the dealer service dept about five times to “ check” this message. Each time ( including the most recent time where a kia engineer looked at my car) I was told “ we cannot find anything wrong with your car”. Although they DID find the codes in the history, I was told by Kia that the Kia Engineer could bot find WHY the codes and light appear and I was sent on my way. My question... is this normal?? Is it normal for this warning message to appear when there is “ nothing wrong with the car”? Kia seems to be telling me that although the lights and warning message say “ check forward collision system” since they cant find anything wrong everything is fine. I feel like the fact that this message keeps appearing IMPLIES there is something wrong. Im getting more and more concerned with the safety of this vehicle and am staring to wish I never bought a Kia. Im worried there could be an electrical issue and I am scared to drive my family in this car. Nevertheless the “ top kia engineers” assure me that “ nothing is wrong”. Well, I certainly hope they right. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have to ask did you change the grill in the front if so you should make sure that it have specific piece to protect the front sensor

Make sure that there is no dirt at sensor cover or on the sensor that might affect its function

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for reply. I didn't change the grill. I bought it new and I have put less than 6000 miles on it. The car is usually pretty clean nothing looks dirty that would interfere with sensors. I would HOPE that this traveling special Kia engineer that looked at my car while it was there for 2 weeks would have thought to check the sensors. Then again who knows... I would not be surprised. I will ask the service dept about the sensors next week when I drop my car off yet again. Thanks again for the reply.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Before going back & stand your ground + your new 2019 is under warranty. Get video & pics or have someone else take video of the bs your having with the car. The longer you wait & listen to them your car is fine the worse it will be for you & stealerships never care cause your the idiot & don't know what you're talking about. If you still get the "sorry you feel that way/dismissive disrespectful, conceited,rude,arrogant attitude. Escalate that sh*t. Be heard not shut up.

Don't take no for an answer. It's a stealership. They will fight you at every chance they can get & blame you for any tiny unauthorized mod/aftermarket part/s therefore voiding the warranty.

Read your owners manual thoroughly. Stay with using ONLY their specific oil filters & transmission filters (automatics). If you find water in your trunk. Demand they replace the seals/weather strips. Rear brakelights seals & body seams & all the extra holes that vehicles have (backseat/underneath the rear seats/under the floor carpet/rear body panels/interior trunk panels & areas.) Are made like swiss cheese. Holes exposed that one can see to outside.

Don't belive me. Take your front & rear seats+carpet+trunk liners & rear brake light assembly you'll see. Easy entry for water, pests, rats rodents mice.

I flex taped all the holes I could find.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Before going back & stand your ground + your new 2019 is under warranty. Get video & pics or have someone else take video of the bs your having with the car. The longer you wait & listen to them your car is fine the worse it will be for you & stealerships never care cause your the idiot & don't know what you're talking about. If you still get the "sorry you feel that way/dismissive disrespectful, conceited,rude,arrogant attitude. Escalate that sh*t. Be heard not shut up.

Don't take no for an answer. It's a stealership. They will fight you at every chance they can get & blame you for any tiny unauthorized mod/aftermarket part/s therefore voiding the warranty.

Read your owners manual thoroughly. Stay with using ONLY their specific oil filters & transmission filters (automatics). If you find water in your trunk. Demand they replace the seals/weather strips. Rear brakelights seals & body seams & all the extra holes that vehicles have (backseat/underneath the rear seats/under the floor carpet/rear body panels/interior trunk panels & areas.) Are made like swiss cheese. Holes exposed that one can see to outside.

Don't belive me. Take your front & rear seats+carpet+trunk liners & rear brake light assembly you'll see. Easy entry for water, pests, rats rodents mice.

I flex taped all the holes I could find.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for your reply! Yes... I am not giving up! This car is clearly still under warranty. Good points you have! I am noting them!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi. I bought ny new 2019 Kia Forte in August 2019. This warning message and associated “ Christmas tree-esqe” lights started sporadically appearing within a few weeks of my purchase. The message and lights seem to appear sometimes when I apply brakes a stop sign or red light. I do not apply the brakes especially hard and there are not any cars extremely near to me. It is not the actual collision avoidance that comes on but rather a warning message to “ check” the collision avoidance system. Well, I have been bank to the dealer service dept about five times to “ check” this message. Each time ( including the most recent time where a kia engineer looked at my car) I was told “ we cannot find anything wrong with your car”. Although they DID find the codes in the history, I was told by Kia that the Kia Engineer could bot find WHY the codes and light appear and I was sent on my way. My question... is this normal?? Is it normal for this warning message to appear when there is “ nothing wrong with the car”? Kia seems to be telling me that although the lights and warning message say “ check forward collision system” since they cant find anything wrong everything is fine. I feel like the fact that this message keeps appearing IMPLIES there is something wrong. Im getting more and more concerned with the safety of this vehicle and am staring to wish I never bought a Kia. Im worried there could be an electrical issue and I am scared to drive my family in this car. Nevertheless the “ top kia engineers” assure me that “ nothing is wrong”. Well, I certainly hope they right. Stay tuned.
UPDATE: I forgot to mention that they DID find codes in history associated with the BRAKE SWITCH. They replaced the brake switch TWICE so far but check collision system light and brake switch codes keep appearing.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Ask the dealership for the printout of found trouble codes. If they say no,they either just want to price gouge or actually don't know what the hell they are doing because the computer/$10,00.00 automotive scanner is giving them multiple choices like on an SAT/ACT/Drivers test. I used to work at a Ford stealership. Bunch of youtube mechanics that actually have no ideal & shouldn't be in & around cars & garages with the mentality of ripping a customer off on the regular. Sales, parts dept, service rep, tech.

When you get the chance, go to Autozone, O'Reilly's, advanced auto parts or a very trusted garage & have them OBD2 scan your car. They will print out the or any trouble codes in your cars system. You can ask them what the codes mean/definitions & see if or what the possible fixes are that you can DIY.

Keep going. Stand your ground. Don't roll over & take it. You're paying hard earned money for what is expected to function & operate as manufactured & hasn't been altered/modded & is OEM/factory following stealership rules/boundaries.

Check you states lemon laws asap. Also don't fall for the "yes, we looked at it" line. Anyone can tell you the same. The real question is "did you get a mechanic/tech to physically go into my car & run the tests & scans needed to fix my car & either replace all the parts & sensors with brand new one not refurbished or cleaned to look like new or replace the entire related/said system. This is a safety concern for me don't dismiss & disrespect me.

You can call & kia Corp 800#. Make a report & let them know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you. Those are some very good ideas! It is SO frustrating. I will post back an update in awhile.....
Ask the dealership for the printout of found trouble codes. If they say no,they either just want to price gouge or actually don't know what the hell they are doing because the computer/$10,00.00 automotive scanner is giving them multiple choices like on an SAT/ACT/Drivers test. I used to work at a Ford stealership. Bunch of youtube mechanics that actually have no ideal & shouldn't be in & around cars & garages with the mentality of ripping a customer off on the regular. Sales, parts dept, service rep, tech.

When you get the chance, go to Autozone, O'Reilly's, advanced auto parts or a very trusted garage & have them OBD2 scan your car. They will print out the or any trouble codes in your cars system. You can ask them what the codes mean/definitions & see if or what the possible fixes are that you can DIY.

Keep going. Stand your ground. Don't roll over & take it. You're paying hard earned money for what is expected to function & operate as manufactured & hasn't been altered/modded & is OEM/factory following stealership rules/boundaries & subjugation.

Check you states lemon laws asap. Also don't fall for the "yes, we looked at it" line. Anyone can tell you the same. The real question is "did you get a mechanic/tech to physically go into my car & run the tests & scans needed to fix my car & either replace all the parts & sensors with brand new one not refurbished or cleaned to look like new or replace the entire related/said system. This is a safety concern for me don't dismiss & disrespect me.

I actually just realized that this site isnt the “ regular” kia forte forum site. Oops! My car is new with no modifications. ( and I have no intention of modifying). Thank you for all the advice on my car and its issues tho! Im definitely going to be persistent and either make sure they find the cause of the problems or that they replace my car. Interesting forums here! I have learned a lot reading thru some posts! Fortes? I had no idea! I just needed a new car and liked how the car looked! ?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Your forte & you are in the Forte site. From old to 2020. This site & community are great. Never hurts to keep reading & using the search is your friend. I'm constantly just reading as much as I can. Including the 2020's fortes.

Don't be a stranger around here. Post questions & even pics of your car.

Anthony

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your forte & you are in the Forte site. From old to 2020. This site & community are great. Never hurts to keep reading & using the search is your friend. I'm constantly just reading as much as I can. Including the 2020's fortes.

Don't be a stranger around here. Post questions & even pics of your car.

Anthony
Thanks Anthony. Will do!
Lori L

·
Registered
5 Posts

Keep going. Stand your ground. Don't roll over & take it. You're paying hard earned money for what is expected to function & operate as manufactured & hasn't been altered/modded & is OEM/factory following stealership rules/boundaries & subjugation.

I just got rid of a 2018 Nissan Sentra due to a brake switch issue that was fixed 3 separate times and brakes needed to be changed at 25k miles under lemon law. I really hate to get into this again but this will be my 2nd trip to the dealer in a month tomorrow about the forward collision avoidance warning lights. Eek. M

·
Registered
1 Posts
I understand this is over a year old but this topic came up in my search yesterday when my 2019 Kia Forte just randomly starting showing this FCA symbol with another hazard like symbol basically saying to take the car to the dealership to find out why the forward collision is not working. Just wanted to comment because I was able to get it to go off and away on my own, and maybe this could help yourself if the issue is still happening or anyone else who has this issue in the future and could be as simple as what I found out.

So basically my camera at my front mirror that faces forward through my front windshield had to much dust on the window so the camera couldn't pick up things and see things properly and all I had to do was put some water on my window so the camera could have a clear view again and the warnings all went off. I also read about a sensor in behind the front grill, I couldn't see it but I also sprayed water into the grill to see if that would help if a sensor was there. Doing those two things fixed the issue and got ride of the warning and everything is back to normal. Not saying this will fix everyones issues if this happens to them with the FCA warning, but could be as simple as some dirt or dust blocking front camera or front sensor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts