Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Not being pessimistic but I鈥檓 kinda sketched out by Kia as a whole. Last recall was for 2010-13 Fortes for a similar problem, engine wasn鈥檛 cleaned properly leaving metal shavings inside critical components. Now it turns out another batch of Kias...

Registered
Does anyone have an update on Kia forte koup recall? I just called Corporate and if your car is covered they will be sending you a letter to take to the dealership to have fixed. New engine you will get 15yrs/150,000 mile warranty...

Registered
2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT Theta 2, Titanium silver metallic.
Mine is a 2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT Theta 2 or Forte Koups Theta 2 are included.

Car & Driver, NHTSA & CNN business.

Registered
I want to have them si a full engine health staus check. For a day or 2.

The 3 other previous owner, I'll will never know how well the car was treated & taken care of 2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT Theta 2.

I was forced to go to the local junk/salvage yard & search for 2010 thru 2013 Kia Forte Koups(absolutely damn effing rare) & Sedans (plenty of) & buy a pair seatbelt locking mechanism from a 2010 Hyundai Sonata & got lucky with a 2012 Kia Forte Sedan eco seatbelt locking mechanisms.

Mike Shaw Kia dealership quoted price for front passenger & driver seatbelt locking mechanism. Driver side about $700.00 & passenger $1,000 WTF?! F*CKING MOTHERF*CKER SOB?! all because of the damn sensor going out.

Both had just given out of the retraction/wouldn't roll up the seatbelt back in & always had to roll by hand back in. The belts most of the time wouldn't lock if we gave then a quick jerk or if we moved around wouldn't lock us in place. Seatbelts would just be there all loose. My seatbelts were useless & worthless for over 2yrs.

Took it to Mike Shaw Kia all they did was add a wire extension. That's it.

They should completely replace all 5 of my Koups seatbelts for free.

Registered

Replaced with 2012 Kia Forte automatic sedan eco seatbelt locking mechanisms from the junk/salvage yard.

Registered
Got lucky & bought another pair of seatbelts from a 2010 Hyundai Sonata from the junk/salvage yard as emergency back ups in case the 2012's give out all of a sudden or stop working period.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts