Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after doing some measuring I've calculated I have about 6 inches of ground clearance with the NEFD body kit and the lowering springs (neither installed just yet) so the question is before I destroy the lip of the kit...should I not lower the car, or not put the lip kit on.... Hmmmmmm???? Any opinions??

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
uuuuuuh if you're not putting it on, i'll buy it

lol back to business,

you should totally put it on AND lower it! you're just going to have to be careful going over speedbumps or going down ramps or sharp angles in the road. it'll look sick as hell! thats what im going to do. but if you dont, i'll buy it ;)

BUT put it on!

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
If that body kit is made out of fiberglass, you will eventually break the front lip. Doesn't matter how careful you are...

2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol I knew you were gonna say that. I don't have to many speed bumps here, it's clearing driveways and stuff that's gonna be a bitch! Hopefully some makes airbags for this car soon, that would look sick, and I wouldnt have to worry about destroying anything lol

2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nah, fiberglass aint that bad, my friends had a fiberglass nose on his eclipse for 6 years and it's still fine. Just have to be careful with it. Remember, the old corvettes uses to be made entirely out of fiberglass lol

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Hopefully some makes airbags for this car soon, that would look sick, and I wouldnt have to worry about destroying anything lol
That's the only way I would ever lower this car! To many inclines and speedbumps (apartment roads and malls) around to be lowered all the time.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Depends on how much you're going to lower your Koup. If you're getting Eibachs then you should be fine. I've put on an Eibach kit on another Forte Koup, it doesn't significantly lower the car which is a good thing. If anything lower your Koup, put on the lip kit and go for a test run on familiar roads. Avoid parking garages

2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the lip kit makes the front an inch lower, plus the eibachs is anther inch, thats 2 inches lower.... yikes for speed bumps! lol

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
2 inches isn't that bad (no pun intended). I'd say lower it and install the kit, I have a friend with a cobalt thats 3 inches of the ground and another with an Si that's probably that low or even lower. You just gotta be careful, and you'll get used to driving with it lowered after a month or so.

·
Registered
350 Posts
hell yeah slam it! i want my koup to be on the ground!

fuck ground clearance 6 inches is a huge gap between the car and the ground!

this is my jetta i had, sold a few months ago..

·
Registered
248 Posts
I agree the NEFD is one of the nicer kits out there, but I'm having trouble enough worrying about ramps/speedbumps/driveways WITHOUT a body kit on my lowered Koup.(Eibach Pro Kit) I think no matter where you live, you're gonna come across son-of-a-b**ch bumps and what not. Since it's fibreglass, you're gonna drive yourself crazy and make yourself miserable if that's all you can worry about(not damaging the kit). Save your peace of mind and do one or the other(BodyKit or Lowering Kit). Just my humble opinion.

·
Registered
475 Posts
tru GOOD POINT GRTWHTSHK, regardless you are going to be real careful anyways. i think with just the body kit on looks sick enough...

2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I already have both, sitting in the garage...maybe I'll make it so I can easily take off the lip for daily driving and pop it back on for shows and what not.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts