Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a 5speed auto Forte SX with a short ram it did it in 8.1. Just wanting to see how it compares to some of the 5 and 6 speed koups just for a little fun so everyone post and list mods you have.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Ive driven a 5spd auto Koup and it felt somewhat slower than my 6spd... soo i would think my 0-60 is maybe 7s? Idk, ill have to time it next time. Will post back with results

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
KIA gives the 6 speed manual a 7 seconds flat 0-60 time

·
Registered
306 Posts
Motor trend and car and driver give the 6 speed manual 2.4L SX 0-60 time of 7.1 seconds as far as i know I haven't really tested mine because I do not know how to and frankly i don't trust anyone to hit the time at the exact milisecond.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There a cool app on the iphone and touch that use the excellerometer in it to do a bunch of things including zero 0-60 1/4 mile and 1/8 mile. it has a tree and everything.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its called LogWorks its free but i can also be used as a OBDII scanner but you have by this 179 dollar connector it doesnt have the tree tho. The one with the tree is called pocketdyno. It gives a pretty accurate horsepower reading but it has to be mounted with a dash mount.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wonder what the 0-60 times are on the 2011 SX with the 6 speed auto. I think it might be close between the auto and the manual now. I can guarantee it isnt a 1 second difference anymore. Especially with the paddle shifters.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
The problem with the orginal 4 and 5 speed is the second gear is ridiculously tall. There's a nice boost on first but then it bogs on second. 3rd is just 1:1.

The 4th on the 5 speed is a very slight overdrive. (A city overdrive if you will) but in everyday use it's pretty useless I'd rather them have made 4th the 1:1 and smooth it out between 2 and 3.

The 4 speed is pretty much the same as the 5 speed ratio wise but less 4th gear ratio found on the 5spd.

The new 6 speed smooths it out a bit. So 0-60 should be closer to the manual. I believe Kia said the 6 speed made the car 1 second faster 0-60.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'have got a brand new SX 6speed auto with paddle shift and I can tell you it's pretty good but I cannot really test it for now, first, I don't want to "hurt" the motor as is brand new and second, I'm in Qc so it's winter with a lot of fu... snow here.

But like I says, I really have fun with the paddle shift.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
The fastest time I have seen published is from Road&Track, with a 6sp manual SX doing 60 in 6.9sec, part of a Road Test Update.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
The fastest time I have seen published is from Road&Track, with a 6sp manual SX doing 60 in 6.9sec, part of a Road Test Update.
That guy must be the Stig because getting in a good launch and shifts takes some finessing with this car.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I wonder what the 0-60 times are on the 2011 SX with the 6 speed auto. I think it might be close between the auto and the manual now. I can guarantee it isnt a 1 second difference anymore. Especially with the paddle shifters.
What in the world do paddle shifters have to do with making it faster?

Given equal gearing autos are still significantly slower due to being less mechanically efficient. More drivetrain loss=less usable horsepower=slower speeds.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Motor trend and car and driver give the 6 speed manual 2.4L SX 0-60 time of 7.1 seconds as far as i know I haven't really tested mine because I do not know how to and frankly i don't trust anyone to hit the time at the exact milisecond.

I have an app for my iPhone that does, 0-60, 0-100 and its great also does skid pad. It cost anything as I have cracked phone and it came in app pack. But its easy I just hit start and drive and it measures speed and acceleration for me. It is quite accurate too. I had a passenger verify speeds up to 125. seems good.

·
Registered
230 Posts
oppp s I forgot to mention my times.
0-60 in 2.4 MT6(stock) 1/4 tank gas, was 7.3 average 3 runs. (all runs with TC off) I think I could tighten the times a bit with more practice but its not a race car. LOL

·
Registered
191 Posts
LOL you have a auto... quit trying to race

1 - 20 of 74 Posts