Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my graduation party and got around $1,500 from it. I was wondering for some ideas on mods to get. I have a couple of ideas but what do you guys think?

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
TBH, if you got $1500 from graduation (i'm guessing HS), save some for college, you'll regret it later if you spend it all on your car. With that being said, you can get:

TK Exhaust + high flow cat (or any other exhaust) around 800
Lower it 250
Tint 150
rims 400-2000
Intake
spoiler
body kit

(PS: we should meet in after summer, where you going to college, i live(ed) in uniontown (penn state fayette), gonna be moving to state college (PSU) in september.)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Noodile - Yeah its from highschool but I have inheritence money to pay for college which I have plenty to pay for college haha. I already have the ARK Performance exhaust which was 900 but im still thinking about getting the test pipe for it. I have my tint done and I have Konig rims already. I definitly want a CAI just because theyre not that expensive. And definitly the body kit but thats alot plus a paint job for it so im not sure about that yet and Im shaky on the spoiler. I want the Sequence GT one but im not sure how it will look. Yeah we can meet for sure, Im going to Edinboro and if your framiliar with the Washington area kind of I met a guy that is the manager of the Lids store at South Hills and he has a 2010 Forte Koup EX and he said he wanted to meet. P.S. What companies have a CAI out for the Forte Koup SX? I know TK does and the guy from South Hills said his is from Injen but I dont know anyone else.

KIA - Im thinking about the body kit still cause they just make it look so nice. How much did you pay to get yours painted? I have an exhaust and rims but staying with all season tires since ill be in the snow for college or id already have to Toyo Proxes TR1's haha. And i love sound systems but tey kind of make cars fall apart slowly just all the bass haha. But i might get something small.

SJE0123 - I bought my car brand new and in full so I dont need to pay it off haha.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Coilovers!!!!:)

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Intake wise, go with TK. The injen one you have to remove your fog light.
one more thing to get is a grille. (and projectors, i'm doing mine soon).

PS: I love your color choice and rim choice.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Why not just start down your own list??

but 86 the Vinyl roof!!

Current Future Mods:
Exhaust Kit
Audi Headlights/LEDs
Tailights/LEDs
Streeglow Lightstrike LEDs
Red Interior LEDs
Vinyl Roof
Body Kit

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jcaloon - Sorry but I already have rims haha. What kind are they though just out of curiosity?

Noodile - Thats what I was thinking, the TK one looks so nice and Im hoping they have more of the LE black ones lol. And thank you.

quicksilverKoup - I was thinking about coilovers but in my mind thats only 1 thing Im getting and with the road conditions around me its a bit iffy lol. Like I could get the set of coilovers and thats all or I could get a CAI, spoiler, HIDs, bodykit and probably something else small for the same price haha.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Im hoping they have more of the LE black ones lol. And thank you.
They won't we talked to them before on here, and they said it, and reconfirmed it that they won't be selling any more of them, (hence why they are LE), but you can buy one and get it Powdercoated black. ( i have a friends that does it cheap)

·
Registered
205 Posts
keep saving for the turbo. i already have 2k saved for it. ive been putting 500 aside each month for the turbo. so soon ill have enough for the TURBO!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
It's an auto right?... Will the turbo even work for that?

So get the bodykit, some projectors, and get the SX-R lip spoiler (there is a post about a cheap one on ebay) .

I'd stay away from the lowering springs seeing how you live in PA and the roads are terrible x.x, wait for some US based coil overs. And I'd skip the underglow because it is illegal in PA And seems like a waste to me if you can't use them while driving...

But honestly its all up to you and that was my 2 cents.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Noodile - Yeah I know theyre not getting anymore in but I was trying to say I hope theyre not all sold already which I pretty sure they am and they should take it off their site lol.

Heredia52 - Yeah I was thinking about it but the only reason I have that amount of money is because of graduation. And my first year of college Im not working so it would take forever t save up that much money lol. And the turbo itself costs about $3,600 - $4,000 and thats if your installing it yourself which most people dont. My best friend who is also a mechanic said theyre a bitch to install. Someone who also has a Forte talked to a couple people to put it in if he gets it and they said the installation alone would probably be around $2,500 since they have to basically build a stand alone fuel management system and everything so that makes the turbo more like $5,500 - $7,000.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Xray89 - Yeha its an auto and yeah it will work. When they first came out with the turbo they did a test for the 1st four buyers. One had to be an Koup EX manual, a Koup SX manual, a Koup EX auto, a Koup SX auto and the same for the sedan. It works for all models of the Forte. The bodykit is pretty high on the list and Im currently talking to Noodile about projectors but Im not a fan a lip spoilers theyre just to plain for me but thanks for the suggestion. Also, lowering springs are practically out of the question because the Ebiachs only lower it about 1" - 1.5" and thats not even worth it and coilovers are a little too expensive right now but down the road is a definite. The underglows would be mainly for car meets and obciously they look sick on cars IMO to show off and what not. Id probably use them while driving occasionally like if im on the highway where I know there is no cops andd when I sit with other friends and cars and such. And thank your for all of your "2 cents"

·
Registered
51 Posts
Jcaloon - Sorry but I already have rims haha. What kind are they though just out of curiosity?

Noodile - Thats what I was thinking, the TK one looks so nice and Im hoping they have more of the LE black ones lol. And thank you.

quicksilverKoup - I was thinking about coilovers but in my mind thats only 1 thing Im getting and with the road conditions around me its a bit iffy lol. Like I could get the set of coilovers and thats all or I could get a CAI, spoiler, HIDs, bodykit and probably something else small for the same price haha.
They are 18" Volk te37's glossy black. I have a thread for them on here where you can see pics

·
Registered
205 Posts
fine then get the TK Carbon Fiber hood!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Heredia - See I want a CF hood but Im still looking for a slotted one to see how it looks. I saw one online one time but I couldnt find it again so I dont know.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts