Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Poor little old me lives in China, so alas I am stuck with the 1.6 Litre engine (unless you buy the flagship model, which in some morons infinite wisdom only sells in auto transmission here, in which case its the 2.0L). Its a 1.6 manual for me then.

Obviously this means I am desparate for whatever I can get my hands on for bolt-on performance gains. I am sure CAI and exhaust will give a nice improvement. The exhaust I can probably get fabricated locally after the exhaust manifold and back. For a CAI I am going to struggle to find a kit here locally.

SO, the question is, anyone know of where I can go for this kind of stuff? A new exhaust manifold and a CAI would do nicely, and I am sure a remapped ECU would also provide something too. Unfortunately there is no 1.6L channel open in this forum, just 2.0 and 2.4 so i am not too sure where else to make this post.

The 1.6 puts out 124 HP so if I can just squeeze out an extra 20 to 25 HP or so that would be a great gain. Not sure if this is wishful thinking or not?

Anyway, all advice welcome.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi all,

Poor little old me lives in China, so alas I am stuck with the 1.6 Litre engine (unless you buy the flagship model, which in some morons infinite wisdom only sells in auto transmission here, in which case its the 2.0L). Its a 1.6 manual for me then.

Obviously this means I am desparate for whatever I can get my hands on for bolt-on performance gains. I am sure CAI and exhaust will give a nice improvement. The exhaust I can probably get fabricated locally after the exhaust manifold and back. For a CAI I am going to struggle to find a kit here locally.

SO, the question is, anyone know of where I can go for this kind of stuff? A new exhaust manifold and a CAI would do nicely, and I am sure a remapped ECU would also provide something too. Unfortunately there is no 1.6L channel open in this forum, just 2.0 and 2.4 so i am not too sure where else to make this post.

The 1.6 puts out 124 HP so if I can just squeeze out an extra 20 to 25 HP or so that would be a great gain. Not sure if this is wishful thinking or not?

Anyway, all advice welcome.
I feel your pain, located in Trinidad in the Caribbean, all we got here is 1.6
Looking forward to the replys in this thread.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Turbokits.com has the cai many parts out soon

·
Registered
103 Posts
turbo kit

Hi All;

ı am also searching for a turbo kit for my 1.6...

ı can buıld up my own kıt via using custom part but the ecu config can be a little problem, and also ı wont be sure that ı can drive wıthout any problems.

so if you have any updates please share :eek:

found that topic ->
SG Kia Club - Turbo kit for forte/koup

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is there any performance parts for Forte sedan 1.6L?

I intend to buy the Road Race crank pulley but not sure if it fit 1.6L engine? Who used it on 1.6 ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Hyundai Veloster in the US have the same 1.6L motor with the Asian Forte Koup and I've seen Turbokits posted a video of their CAI and Exhaust for it. Maybe they can produce something for the 1.6L Forte? :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
duuuuuuuuude! you live in china!!!!!!!! most of the parts come from there anyway!!!

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Correction most of the parts come from Korea... just saying

1 - 15 of 15 Posts