Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

Putting up Ultra Racing Fender Braces. I had planned to install them, but was too lazy and now the car has a lot of mileage and rust and I'm quite certain I will now never get around to it.

Ultra Racing Front Fender Braces
Part # URKR-FD3-2736
Fits 2010-2013 Forte Koup
Condition: I bought them used from a guy locally about 3 years ago, but he told me he never got the chance to install them (wrecked car) and looking at them, I'm quite certain they've never been installed. They have little spots of surface rust here and there, but that's due to moving them around a few times and being stored outside (in a shed).
Asking $100 USD + shipping.

·
Administrator
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you know how much of a difference the shifter would make on my 2010 SX koup? Like how much is the travel reduced over stock?
I really don't know. I went with that one cuz a) it's an OEM part, and b) it's near impossible to find other ones anymore. The few reviews of it I had found were all positive. I'm guessing it will reduce the throw as much as any other short shifter.

·
Administrator
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe that stock one was made by Boomba Racing.
Ah man, it's been so long I forgot that I read who actually manufactured it. If I'm not mistaken, it's actually B&M Racing, which is a quality manufacturer and another reason I went with OEM.

Ah yes, found it:

2010-2013 Kia Forte Sport Shifter
The 2010-2013 Kia Forte Sport Shifter for the Sedan, Koup and 5-Door six-speed models (manual transmission with SX trim-level). This accessory was designed and engineered by B&M Racing for Kia Motor America! B&M Racing put its professional grade engineering to full use and created the Kia Forte Sport Shifter for car enthusiasts. What the top-quality Kia Forte Sport Shifter does is create an amazingly smooth shifting experience by reducing the traction and timing of the shift throw. The quality is guaranteed by the stainless steel stick assembly, the CNC machined aluminum pivot and roller bearing all created under the precision of the procuts CAD (computer-aided design). Installation of the Kia Forte Sport Shifter is aided by the detailed installation instructions that come packaged in your purchase. Naturally, we encourage the installation be done with someone with experience or a professional.
  • Manufacturer Part Number: U8190-1M000
  • Applicable Model Years:
    • 2010-2013 Forte Sedan (Manual Transmission, 6-Speed SX trim level)
    • 2010-2013 Forte Koup (Manual Transmission, 6-Speed SX trim level)
    • 2011-2013 Forte5 (Manual Transmission, 6-Speed SX trim level)

·
Administrator
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You're right, rare rare to find. I'd buy it if the shipping isn't way up there.

Also, someone closer to you would be better cause it's the right there/can see in person.
Yeah shipping prices are ridiculous. So often I find good deals and am ready to order until I see the shipping cost. :cry:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.