Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Vendor
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! We just got a few RaceChip GTS systems in yesterday. I am doing $100 off, free shipping, and free t-shirt if you purchase a RaceChip GTS w/App through me! Trying to get these off the shelf by the end of the week. If you’ve been thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these, now is the time! Lets make a deal

RaceChip GTS w/App

Shipping box Packing materials Wood Rectangle Package delivery

·
Registered
2022 gt2
547 Posts
Finally had time to install and drive. All I can say is perfect. Just what I wanted. On Race (setting 7) the Michelins are on the edge of breaking loose all the way through 2nd gear and there is so much torque that it starts to torque steer. That might not sound super impressive but keep in mind the Michelin Pilots on the 6spd have amazing grip compared to other tires. The sport setting which is 5 seems just right for what I will keep it at for daily use. I don't feel as though I will want anymore power than setting 7 provides since I can tell it is at the limit of what the front wheel drive platform with no limited slip up front can handle and still remain a refined driving car. Also this seems to be right in line with what the factory parts can handle without being overstressed.

The only question I have for Racechip or Panda is can sport (setting 5) run 87 Octane or does it require 93? I have only been using 93 but if gas his $5 again I might run 87.
I can’t speak for panda but I found that my car likes at least 91 from now on. My car for some reason is at its best on 3 or 4 (gotta go check to confirm). But it prefers the better fuels no matter what. And traction control is always on.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
6,134 Posts
Finally had time to install and drive. All I can say is perfect. Just what I wanted. On Race (setting 7) the Michelins are on the edge of breaking loose all the way through 2nd gear and there is so much torque that it starts to torque steer. That might not sound super impressive but keep in mind the Michelin Pilots on the 6spd have amazing grip compared to other tires. The sport setting which is 5 seems just right for what I will keep it at for daily use. I don't feel as though I will want anymore power than setting 7 provides since I can tell it is at the limit of what the front wheel drive platform with no limited slip up front can handle and still remain a refined driving car. Also this seems to be right in line with what the factory parts can handle without being overstressed.

The only question I have for Racechip or Panda is can sport (setting 5) run 87 Octane or does it require 93? I have only been using 93 but if gas his $5 again I might run 87.
If maximum power is what you want, you're going to need to use 93 octane.

·
Vendor
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Yes you can run 87, it won't hurt anything. But to get the most out of it, higher octane will always be the way to go. 93 to 87 is fairly significant.

If you are in a pinch or just trying to save a little bit of money, you wont have any issues running 87. If you are planning on doing some spirited driving, put in that 93.

·
Registered
22 Forte GT2 DCT
32 Posts
Sounds good, Thanks

Drove the car for a couple hours today. I was very skeptical if this would actually make real noticeable power. I can easily say if your on the fence about getting this just buy it. This is the best $459 you can spend if you want to get big gains for a small investment and the app works perfect, simple and easy to switch from eco, sport, race or off (Level 3, 5, 7 or stock). The shove in the back you get that is missing in stock tune will definitely make you happy you bought it. No regrets here and actually exceeded my expectations.
I could not agree more!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts