Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought the 2020 Forte GT-manual and I am trying to wire my 12in sub by myself. I have a 1000 watt amp attached to the frame of the sub. The car came with a harmon/kardon stereo system. Anybody have any idea how to do this. I bought an amp installation kit off amazon, so I hope that will have all the parts I will need. I've done some minor wiring so hiding cables is something I am familiar with but that is it.

Hardest part is I have no idea where to even start to hook up the audio.

The power cord is also giving me troubles. I can seem to get it through the dash into the engine compartment to attach to the battery. I was told it should have a rubber casing that i can puncture through, but mine is plastic. Not nearly as easy. Any help would be appreciated. I cant find any videos or tutorials on this since it is such a new car and somewhat unique.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the DCT auto version and had to use a step bit to go through the firewall, did it where the clutch pedal would normally be. Having the manual version I personally would opt for running my 12v line under the car and use the under pinning to cover it so its protected. Thats what I did on my 16 forte w/ 6 speed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts