Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today on the tollway i hit 120 in the top of fourth:eek:, then i went to fifth and hit the governor. are there any aftermarket parts (programmer) that will delete the speed gov.
road was wide open no lanes changed, gotta be smart when doing dumb things;)

·
Registered
114 Posts
what is ur govner at caseu i have the sx sedan 6spd and i had it up to 138 the speed ometer said which is prob only 132 mayb 135 tops you could alwasy get the govner taken off but it will void your warrenty

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
hmm I've only had my car to a hundred or so and could tell it had lots of room left in the gas pedel, anyway did the car do anything.. like a rev limter? in most cases its set up to just kill the igniton for a spilt second or every time the car goes past the limter.. these days its normally programed in the ecu.. I don't think they use the old school govonor these days due to lack of throttle cables etc..

anyway I'm sure somebody could reprogram your ecu.. thou I'd assume if the dealer found out it' would put a end to warrenty as said

·
Registered
973 Posts
hmm I've only had my car to a hundred or so and could tell it had lots of room left in the gas pedel, anyway did the car do anything.. like a rev limter? in most cases its set up to just kill the igniton for a spilt second or every time the car goes past the limter.. these days its normally programed in the ecu.. I don't think they use the old school govonor these days due to lack of throttle cables etc..

anyway I'm sure somebody could reprogram your ecu.. thou I'd assume if the dealer found out it' would put a end to warrenty as said
thats what I was about to say too, that the governor probably isn't an actual device anymore..
and yeah if you get some kind of engine management and a tuner they can change just about anything they want around

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i shifted out of fourth at about 6200-6400 no problem. but when i got in fifth it felt like the car was rocking maybe (back and forth) like power was being shut off and then turned back on. the s10 i used to have would do the same at about 94-95 but it felt alot smoother in the koup but i didnt want to break/ tear up the car......it still has paper plates on it:D

and for rev limiter no it wasnt hit fifth went smooth for a sec or two then it felt like a gov. was kicking in

also it got the ex 5-speed and tcs was on, but i doubt that would do any thing at that speed

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
i shifted out of fourth at about 6200-6400 no problem. but when i got in fifth it felt like the car was rocking maybe (back and forth) like power was being shut off and then turned back on. the s10 i used to have would do the same at about 94-95 but it felt alot smoother in the koup but i didnt want to break/ tear up the car......it still has paper plates on it:D

and for rev limiter no it wasnt hit fifth went smooth for a sec or two then it felt like a gov. was kicking in

also it got the ex 5-speed and tcs was on, but i doubt that would do any thing at that speed
yeah it sounds like its just the ecu.. find somebody to reprogram it and there shoud be no problems then..
again thou this will void warrenty if they find out but enjoy:D

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
i have have my auto up to 120 and it was stilling pulling hard !!

yeah I'm realy wanting to see what my car will do it seem like to me it had room for lots more at a hundred its realy not even trying..
with 6speeds I'm thinking it could be very fast.;)

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,897 Posts
I've been up to 630 knots...does that count? It didn't say "KIA" on the side...it said "BOEING"...LoL!

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,897 Posts
i do not know what is faster the auto or the 6 speed? i think we need to find out!
I guess it depends on how fast you can push them...probably faster downhill. Don't think sliding them is any better than rolling them end-over-end...LoL!:D

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
2010 Kia Forte Koup SX - Article - Road and Track

there is the little road and track review they say 130 is top speed
not sure if they took the koup that fast or if its just info that got from kia but I'd asume they drove it to that speed.

oh which would be faster? 6speed or auto.. hmm well it would be fun to race one of each and see what the numbers are in the end

·
Registered
522 Posts
rainy where is prescott? if i am ever arround there i will look out for you and maybe there is a stright away we can use to try and top each other out !!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
:D sounds good I'm game for it and I know a place hehe
well its about a hundred miles outside of Phx AZ
so if you ever plan a trip to disney land or something I'm on the way long trip from where you're at thou

;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.