Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! So I've been chasing down an issue in which my acceleration is getting bogged down. Basically when I accelerate about 40-80% throttle, it will cut power anywhere between 2k-5k rpm in any gear. It's not always consistent (sometime it's 2nd gear at 3500 or 3rd at 4500). I do not have a CEL or any pending codes. I have replaced my throttle body, my fuel pump, my spark plugs and ignition coils and still have the issues. I have also tried unplugging my pre cat o2 sensor to see if it would change anything, but it did not. Also, running a scan tool, it seems that ignition timing is being retarded by about 10 degrees. But doesn't appear to sense any knock or trip the knock sensor. I think it may have something to do with CVVT Solenoid, but this is just a speculation based off of a little research. If anyone has any ideas of something to look/replace that I haven't thought of, please let me know! The car has about 176k miles on it, and has been very well maintained. I've had the car since it had 25k on it. Thank you guys! I hope someone may be able to shed some light!

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,412 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,412 Posts
Time to take it to a professional.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Forte LX
776 Posts
Stupid question, I know, but what gap are you using on the plugs and are they OEM? Okay, two questions. Sometimes setting a closer gap can help with the way an engine runs. I'm running my 2017 2.0 at .035 for the gap. No misses anywhere that I have noticed.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Age & condition of fuel injectors.

Recheck fuel pump fuel filter & connections.

Recheck throttle body & connections.

Alternator & it's connections.

Recheck ignition coils. Are the of quality built (NGK, Denso) or are the junk/polished to look like new/from ebay/Amazon online?

Check ignition coil connections & wire harnesses.

Engine air filter?

Recheck spark plugs.

Recheck age & condition of battery.

Like ForteGT2 typed, check the MAP.

Like Chuzz typed check the spark plugs & all the gaps.

Let us know what the cause & fix was

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Stupid question, I know, but what gap are you using on the plugs and are they OEM? Okay, two questions. Sometimes setting a closer gap can help with the way an engine runs. I'm running my 2017 2.0 at .035 for the gap. No misses anywhere that I have noticed.
I'm running a gap of .044 which is the gap this engine is supposed to be at. I used NGK plugs.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
If you have a good scan tool. It will show you in live mode/real time mode the different parts of the car.

My Autel Maxicheck 808 let's me see in real time.

As for the electric gas pedal, I have pics of a 1st gen 10 thru 13 Forte. When I did the gas pedal mod. Check that thread for my pedal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts