Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just hit 140k and my engine had been burning old bad, so I put in fresh oil and an additive and within 10 miles it blew. Which engine options do I have? Clearly the 2.0 isn’t strong or fast enough for what I want. I’m looking for direct fits to my 4 speed automatic transmission and direct fit to my motor mounts

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Long list of engine choices:

Font Parallel Art Circle Pattern

Seriously, this isn't the "old days" where you could "slap in" any engine that fit your tranny. Long gone are the days of stand-alone engines with carburetors and distributers. You can't just "shoe-horn" an engine in unless you're a computer guru with all the programming tools in addition to being a super mechanic. In order to get everything to work it all has to connect to the engine computer, the transmission computer, and the body computer. The cost to "re-engineer" your car would be so high you might as well go buy a newer used car.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
198 Posts
LS swap that thing. Don't go dorito. Effing apex seals aka "skinned 2# pencils"
Hey, don’t knock the dorito motors. They are a hell of a lot of fun. Revving to 10 grand all the time and still doing the speed limit is hilarious. And by my standards, they are quite reliable (before I got my Forte, I had to daily my basket case of a cheap Land Rover Discovery project for a while. Not exactly a high bar for reliability, but still)

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
198 Posts
They're fun & by factory need to rev high, once the graphite apex seals go, it's not fun.
This is very true. I didn’t have mine long enough to have to experience that. I really liked mine for the short time I owned it, but I’m sure down the road would not have been very fun

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Those damn graphite Apex seals when they go bad just bad, bad. Then it's like a curse or jinx afterwards. That why a lot.of Mazda owners LS swap the them & you get V8
Sleeve T-shirt Font Event Entertainment

1 - 10 of 10 Posts