Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've been using the search feature on this site but have been unable to find the info I'm looking for.

I just picked up some winter tires (195/65/15), and I'm looking to pick up some steel rims for them.
I realize the EX koup comes with 16 inch tires, but from what I've read, the EX model is good for 15 inch tires and is actually better for driving in the snow.

Would anyone from Canada have any suggestions on where I can find steel rims, and what exact dimensions are required? I live in Newfoundland and have checked walmart but they only have a listing for 16 inch rims. I would like to get them at Walmart or Canadian Tire if possible, as they usually have the most reasonable prices.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Yeah, you can do 15s on an EX. And the size tire you got sounds ideal (a tire guy recently told me that narrower is WAY better for winter treads).

Have you tried back at your dealer? I'm pretty sure they can get a 15" steel rim for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in NL too and was wondering the same thing.
So, are the (195/65/15) the correct size when downsizing from a 16"?

I have a call into my dealer to see what he can find out for me.
I'll post my findings on here.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Tire size calculator

this is a good site to know about what tires to choose.

I'm just looking for a set of decent used tires and am looking for either 205/55/16 (stock size) or 205/60/15. That way my speedo will only be off by 0.8%....hardly a difference.

Moving up to 65 sidewall will give you a 2.5% difference...not huge but enough to make a difference.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey saabo, you still looking for rims?
I might be able to help you out
PM me if you want and let me know what part of NL you are in.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hey guys,

I've been using the search feature on this site but have been unable to find the info I'm looking for.

I just picked up some winter tires (195/65/15), and I'm looking to pick up some steel rims for them.
I realize the EX koup comes with 16 inch tires, but from what I've read, the EX model is good for 15 inch tires and is actually better for driving in the snow.

Would anyone from Canada have any suggestions on where I can find steel rims, and what exact dimensions are required? I live in Newfoundland and have checked walmart but they only have a listing for 16 inch rims. I would like to get them at Walmart or Canadian Tire if possible, as they usually have the most reasonable prices.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
did you tried at the dealer?i've buyed my winter tires myself too and got the steel rims at dealer

·
Registered
283 Posts
Tire size calculator

this is a good site to know about what tires to choose.

I'm just looking for a set of decent used tires and am looking for either 205/55/16 (stock size) or 205/60/15. That way my speedo will only be off by 0.8%....hardly a difference.

Moving up to 65 sidewall will give you a 2.5% difference...not huge but enough to make a difference.
195/65/15!! just 0.4%

·
Registered
3 Posts
Will any bolt pattern of 5 x 114.3 work on the Koup EX?
Like rims that came off a Civic, Mazada, VW?

Also, If you get steelies, will this mess up the TPMS?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts