Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got these puppies on Friday. Wrapped em in Yokohama AVID ENVigor 215/45R17. The tires ride nice and perfectly quiet until you hit a wore out porous tarmac road, then they roar quite a bit. Coming from my stock 15" with the silica Hankook Optimo H426's, there is a HUGE improvement in handling and confidence on the road. I'm also impressed with how close the gunmetal paint on the wheels match the titanium paint.

I still think it needs about .75"-1" drop, but I'm not thrilled with most of the spring kits I see on EX's so far. It seems all of them are designed for the SX with a slightly heavier engine, so the car bulldogs a bit. Coilovers would be sweet, but the price... not so much.

So far I've only de-badged and re-badged, tinted with Llumar's Platinum Plus film, and some seat covers. More to come. I promised my friend we'd get to Costa Rica soon, so car parts on hold till after then.

My dig camera broke, so only camera phone pics.... sorry.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Kia forte Kia motors

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Kia motors Subcompact car

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
nice upgrade-
curious how much the tires/wheels ran?
(i like those wheels- but looking for the black versions- i am going for the stealth look for my blk SX koup) :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Nice.......it does match up quite well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice upgrade-
curious how much the tires/wheels ran?
(i like those wheels- but looking for the black versions- i am going for the sleath look for my blk SX koup) :)
Thanks. I used to own a audio/performance shop, so I used a few connections and got the whole thing done for about $1,200. That was swapping TPMS, mount/balance, hub rings, spline lugs, shipping... the whole 9. For a set of forged wheels, that is pretty amazing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts