Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep seeing everyone worried if 18" rims would fit, that's not my problem....would 18" rims fit on a koup that's lowered? Anyone have this? And what size tire do you have? I plan on putting a 225/40/18 on an 18x8 rim

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Koup SXR has 18" and lowered...look at his build thread for details. The R Package was originally designed for this combination before Kia took out the lowering springs.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Koup SXR has 18" and lowered...look at his build thread for details. The R Package was originally designed for this combination before Kia took out the lowering springs.
+1 !!! ;)

Nick

·
Registered
27 Posts
I keep seeing everyone worried if 18" rims would fit, that's not my problem....would 18" rims fit on a koup that's lowered? Anyone have this? And what size tire do you have? I plan on putting a 225/40/18 on an 18x8 rim

I'm in the same dilemma right now, I think offset is key. This is what I have right now:

Tirerack: 18x8 or 7.5, offset 40-48mm, 215/40/18
Discount tires: 18x8 or 7.5, offset 42-48mm, 215, 225 and 235 are possible.
Kia SXR (lowered): Fast Europa wheels, 18x8, 48mm, 225/40/18 yokos.
KOUP Road race (lowered), RR-0207, 18x8.5, 35mm offset, 225 front and 235 rear, Brian at Road Race claims that it never rubs pothole or turning.

This is all the information I have, I personally think I am going to put 225/40/18 tires, but can't decide on the rim because no one can confirm or deny what fits exactly in GENERAL.... hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
I've been lowered with 18's for a while now and haven't had any problems. I've been using a 215/40/18 tire. I've only rubbed once when I was going about 45 MPH on a freeway exit curve with a steep incline, that was a little scary so I let up. I'm sure a strut bar would've prevented that from happening.

I can't speak for a 225/40/18 tire but I'm thinking of going up to that once I need new ones because it will fill up the wheel well a little more for that real flush look.

2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the strut bar, and I'm going tenzo type m 18x8 with toyo t1r 225/40/18 with the eibach kit... No clue what the offset is, but the rims should be here this week. Maybe i should have looked into that before I got them =\

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I have the strut bar, and I'm going tenzo type m 18x8 with toyo t1r 225/40/18 with the eibach kit... No clue what the offset is, but the rims should be here this week. Maybe i should have looked into that before I got them =\
If you check your order..assuming your ordered online...should it not spec the rims, including offset? Just wondering.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I'm running the same tire wheels as subtlestyle 215/40/18
Had no problems with them at all
and I have the Eibach lowering springs too;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've been lowered with 18's for a while now and haven't had any problems. I've been using a 215/40/18 tire. I've only rubbed once when I was going about 45 MPH on a freeway exit curve with a steep incline, that was a little scary so I let up. I'm sure a strut bar would've prevented that from happening.

I can't speak for a 225/40/18 tire but I'm thinking of going up to that once I need new ones because it will fill up the wheel well a little more for that real flush look.

Hey subtle, how much are you lowered? And when it rubbed, was it the front fender(s)? Also your motegi 116s are they 35 or 45mm offset?

I just find it weird if 215 rubs then 225 have no chance at all!

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
I believe my offset is 42 but it's been a while so I'd need to ask my shop. I have the Eibach Pro-Kit springs which they say is a drop of 1.2" in the front and 1.0" in the rear. And yes when I rubbed it was just one side on my front fender because I had body roll on a hard turn, that's the only time I've ever rubbed.

A 225 obviously will have better chances of rubbing but I don't think it would happen often especially under normal driving conditions. Just be careful because high speed rubs can puncture your tires and be real dangerous. Those are also real expensive tires to ruin!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I believe my offset is 42 but it's been a while so I'd need to ask my shop. I have the Eibach Pro-Kit springs which they say is a drop of 1.2" in the front and 1.0" in the rear. And yes when I rubbed it was just one side on my front fender because I had body roll on a hard turn, that's the only time I've ever rubbed.

A 225 obviously will have better chances of rubbing but I don't think it would happen often especially under normal driving conditions. Just be careful because high speed rubs can puncture your tires and be real dangerous. Those are also real expensive tires to ruin!
Thank you for your reply, but according to:

Buy 18x8 rims motegi racing mr116 wheels Black w/ Stripe color. motegi racing mr116 18x8 black w| stripe wheels at WheelsNext.com

These wheels are only available in 35 or 45mm offset. The reason why I'm asking is because, I wouldn't be surprised if 35mm would rub in extreme circumstances, but would be very surprised with 45mm would.

Would you be able to see it on a sales receipt?

Also, for Killed In Action, I don't believe that 225 will necessarily rub, but you need to have the correct offset, VERY IMRPORTANT.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.