Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT Currant Red
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a terrible sticker. It's not even even with Forte. Mine was vinyl, peeled right off.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT DCT Black
53 Posts
That's a terrible sticker. It's not even even with Forte. Mine was vinyl, peeled right off.
Agreed, and it was crooked in more ways than one! It had like 13 miles and some how plenty of scratches and swirls. Plus they chipped the paint above each windshield wiper, but the deal at $22K out the door with 0% is why I keep doing this…

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,152 Posts
2nd mod, disconnected the exhaust noise speaker, best bang for the buck for sure! View attachment 84479
How about this for a mod: Relocate the "sound enhancer" closer to a radio speaker so that when you put it into "Sport" mode the music gets louder...LOL!

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,152 Posts
what the heck is this?
THAT...is a sound enhancing microphone. When you select "Sport" driving mode that microphone picks up the engine sound and provides it in the speakers of your car to "enhance" the engine sound and give you a warm "performance" fuzzy feeling...LOL

Motor vehicle Tire Plant Automotive design Mode of transport

Reactions: 21GT

·
Registered
21 Posts
THAT...is a sound enhancing microphone. When you select "Sport" driving mode that microphone picks up the engine sound and provides it in the speakers of your car to "enhance" the engine sound and give you a warm "performance" fuzzy feeling...LOL

View attachment 84501
I don't know about you guys but I hate fake sounds. No idea why companies are doing this. I'd rather it be quiet and fast...sort of stealthy. I'd rather have REAL exhaust sounds.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT Currant Red
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't know about you guys but I hate fake sounds. No idea why companies are doing this. I'd rather it be quiet and fast...sort of stealthy. I'd rather have REAL exhaust sounds.
totally agree with you there. many other ways to make the engine and exhaust sound better than pumping in sounds, although if they are coming from the engine, its not really fake, not like they do with electric cars, those are fake sounds that go out so people can hear you LOL

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
It is not a "fake sound" - it's your own engine you're listening to - and it is only inside the cab so no one else hears it. I don't know why Kia felt compelled to include it - the engine and exhaust sound good by themselves. It's a fact that sound makes you think you have more power - it's a macho-thing...LOL!

BMW, Porsche, and Volkswagen have been doing it too!

Faking It: Engine-Sound Enhancement Explained - Tech Dept. - Car and Driver

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Any idea if there's just a fuse we can pull to disconnect the fake sound rather than unplugging?
Don't think so - the microphone is connected to the audio amplifier so pulling a fuse would most likely disable the audio system.

·
Registered
2020 Cerato GT
568 Posts
I don't know how it is in North America, but in Australia a fake exhaust noise is put out through a speaker under the windshield cowl. Many Australian GT owners (myself included) have unplugged the speaker, as those with aftermarket exhausts you end up doubling up on exhaust noises.

Here's a video on how to unplug it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts