Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the 1st thing broke in my car. The A/C fan knob broke when I went to turn it down from high. It only works on 1, 2 and 4. It like got stuck when I turned it and then just broke at 3. Nothing blows on 3. Sooooo annoyed. Good thing for warranties. Just a hassle to take it in. I hope my loaner is a 2011 with a 6sp auto so I can try it out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would like to test drive the new 2011 Hyundai version of the Forte' (Elantra). It looks like a Sonata "mini me". I love the front end, but the car is just a tad too overwrought. Too "squished" looking. Like it was melted. I just want to drive one and compare. I still think the Forte' has a lean, mean, cooler look to it. -Chris

·
Registered
211 Posts
hey mine broke as well like a week after i bought the car i have a 2011 sx as well and they had to replace the entire unit as it is one piece took them like 2 hours

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn 2 hours! I really don't want to wait that long. Did they have the part or did you have to go back after they looked at it?

·
Registered
67 Posts
2 hours????? what the hell???? I am a KIA Technician at Dale Jarrett KIA if they had the part they could have had it installed in 45 minutes top thats a job lol where they busy?

·
Registered
211 Posts
well i waited 2 hours after 2 weeks of it being on order so i was a little pissed my friends and well i really dont want to go back but i got some free oil changes there

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thank God For Warranties

hey mine broke as well like a week after i bought the car i have a 2011 sx as well and they had to replace the entire unit as it is one piece took them like 2 hours
My chrome around the dial was blistered and so sharp enough to cut my finger if I was not careful. But it took them 1 week to get the part and 45 minutes to install it. They accidentally passed me the invoice they bill KIA for and it was $845 for the entire control assembly. Thank god for warranty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My chrome around the dial was blistered and so sharp enough to cut my finger if I was not careful. But it took them 1 week to get the part and 45 minutes to install it. They accidentally passed me the invoice they bill KIA for and it was $845 for the entire control assembly.
My HVAC knob does this also. The chrome is flaking off and whats left of it is sharp as fu¢k. 845$ repair for chrome flaking off? lol I'll make them change mine and we'll see how much it will cost here :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
damn they gotta order the part. Maybe they can keep my car for a week and I can drive a 2011 for a week? lol

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Took the car in today. They have to order the part. Should get it Thursday and I'll have it put in next week. They finally found the leak in my tire too. I had a small nail in it. Thank god they found it however. Stopping once a week and spending a buck on air at the gas station was getting really old and annoying rather quick! The cost for the tire was $26.

I also test drove a 2011 with a 6 speed auto while I waited. Not much of a diff I didn't feel. I guess I'm not missing anything except a few miles per gallon better on the hwy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.