Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there's alot of talk about the 3rd 4th gear shift issue which I seem to be lucky not to have that issue yet I have a different one.
Does anyone get what it seems like a shutter or almost miss between 1st and second when accelerating and letting off the gas a bit just as it seems it goes to shift to 2nd? Feels like it goes half way then when i press harder on the gas it seems to grab into the full gear.
Doesn't feel normal to me.
Car's been in the shop for nearly a month now since the accident but I'm sure it will still have that issue when I get her back. Maybe a few more...lol... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
166 Posts
I understand what you are talking about Im experimenting it also and the dealer took my car to test it, fuck! its worst than before ...fun :(

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
1st to 2nd is strange for me too, sometimes it feels like butter shifting while other times it feels a bit clunky. 1st gear seems to want to shift to second really quickly if you're not careful with the clutch. Sometimes I'll just start off in 2nd gear to avoid 1st.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
I experience the same issue. After test driving 3 SX's and also driving my own, they ALL felt funny between 1 and 2. It's like it shifts too early then growls to get into the sweet spot for second gear. Because all of them had the same behavior, I assumed this was expected for the SX and have since stopped worrying about it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Are you guys talking about automatic transmissions or manual? I thought auto but post #3 mentions a clutch. What are we talking about here?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry I should have stated when I started the post.
Auto Trans guys n gals.
Sorry!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I finally get my baby back I'm going to do the gas pedal dead spot mod and see if it improves the situation on the second gear.
If anyone gets to it first let us know.
I'm guessing it's a possibility since it happens to me really only if I've let off the gas just before and during shift and when I go to press gas again it bumps so if voltage is low on the wire it may get the wrong idea essentially.
Fingers crossed. X

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've never had any problem with first to second. Only 2nd to 3rd the first time after starting the car.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've only experienced the 2nd - 3rd a couple times, and it was only on the first shift of the day after it had been sitting for a while....I've found that on the first shift of the day - from 2nd - 3rd - I take the rmp's to 3,000 or just below in 2nd gear, then slowly let off the gas to get it to shift to 3rd and it's perfectly fine after that....can hammer her to the floor all day and no problems!

·
Registered
3 Posts
ive been having that issue with my manual... it grinds from first to second, kia says its the transmission that they are gonna have to replace. but they are taking way to long

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.