Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 Forte Loup, 182k miles. P0014 code stored, but not on. Swapped exhaust VVT actuator.
Test drive: all is smooth, but during more aggressive acceleration, when hits about 4000rpm, the engine suddenly loses power and a bunch of white smoke comes out the exhaust. If you take your foot off accelerator, it stops. Then, the engine runs fine. I know at one point (Car belongs to SIL) the car was run with really low oil. The car has sat a lot over the past two years. Everything else runs just fine.
If anyone has experience with these symptoms, please share resolution.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Running with really low oil level may explain the P0014 code. Like Acura_Kal, I,too thought of head gasket. Are you sure, the smoke isn't burned oil? Check the oil level, and look at the colour. If some greyish brown mucky emulsion, you need a new head gasket, for sure.
If you get water into the oil, it's like oil is over-filled, the blow-by may push that emulsion of engine oil and water into the intake manifold. And that, when in the higher rpm. register. That does indeed reduce power quite a bit.

Reactions: Acura_Kal

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes..I have a 2014 forte ex with the (GDI full injection system)..the system requires a yearly fuel system cleaning because the fuel is injected inside the combustion chamber and the injectors and valves get carbon build up..try an occasional fuel cleaner that you dump into your fuel tank to start , but it may require the $100+ dollar injector kit treatment at the dealer or repair shop $$$ .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts