Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is my build log for my 2 12" memphis mojo's.

that's it for now. still have to run wire and hook everything up. and the last pic is of where the pole on the alternator is.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Um, looking at your box fitted in the car, where do the woofers fit, the box looks a little big! Did you use any software to get your size? what are you tuned at?

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
yea thats a huge box for that trunk speakers need space because of vibration. For one it will sound like crap to close to an object and liable to blow your speakers my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
yea thats a huge box for that trunk speakers need space because of vibration. For one it will sound like crap to close to an object and liable to blow your speakers my 2 cents

Crock, do you mean speakers need space to move?

If the box is going to sit where it is, there will be big problems. if it moves back and there's space it will be fine due to the large port.

However.. that being said, the trunk itself will not have enough air/room to help generate lower notes... but the port will help on the backside.

I'm sure it will sound fine, but you will want to add something to prevent that box from sliding into the back wall... perhaps locking it down, or adding spacers. If you lock it down with l-brackets, make sure you use at least 4 for that size box.. as it can easily rip out, slam your subs into the back wall and ruin your investment.

spacers, albeit ugly ... or grills (maybe buy some JL W7 grills.. will help.

D

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'm gonna put some brackes so it doesn't slide to the back of the car.and there isn't a whole lot of room between the subs and the back edge but it should be enough. and it is tuned to 35hz. and i didn't use software. i had someone design it for me. and i still have the amp and wire to run. so it's not quite finished yet. it's still a work in progress.

·
Registered
318 Posts
did you straight up run the power wire from the alternator?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hell's no. ran another charge line from the alternator to the battery. and from the front battery i ran a line to the second battery. i regrounded the front battery with 1/0. and i grounded the back battery to the bolt hole under the spare tire. and grounded the amp to the back battery. and a power line from back battery to the amp.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Any fuse from the alt to batt? You should fuse that line too as it's stock fused at 150 through the fuse box. Example: head on collison, engine still running, pinched wire, fire!

Also,
Thatnks for posting pics of the most difficult part or a Forte big3. The question though is what's the best way to get at it?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
there's a fuse going from the positive on the front battery to the positive on the back battery. and a fuse from the positive on the back battery to the amp.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
there's a fuse going from the positive on the front battery to the positive on the back battery. and a fuse from the positive on the back battery to the amp.
As I said before though, there shoudl be a fuse from the alt to batt +'ve.

So how'd you get at the alternator? trying to figure the best way.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i just haven't had time to go get another fuse for alt. yet. and you have to go under you car and find the alt from there. once youve done that. there is a little rubber dome thing covering a bolt with a wire on it. pull the dome back and undo the bolt and there ya go.

this isn't upside down. this is taken from under the car. and you probably will want to use a jack to get under your car since the koup is so low. i had to but that's cause my head's kinda big. :p

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
welcome. thanks. and always glad to help

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
competed this weekend at wake the dead competion. placed 3rd.
also a few modification to my setup.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts