Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what you guys are getting for fuel millage per tank, average driving mixed city and highway, and whats the capacity of the fuel tank from full to fill warning light?

IE, my ION gets 350-400km average for 42 litres.

Jer

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a 2.4 auto and the fill warning light comes on when the tank is almost empty. I don't have the exact numbers for you but the tank capacity is 52 litres and I've seen the warning light once (was actually testing to see if my Koup had one). From what I remember it comes on very late- my guess 45 - 48 litres which doesn't leave much. Needless to say, I don't wait for the light to come on!

What I can tell you is that my average fuel consumption varies from 9.5 to 11 l/100 km. 11 L / 100km was 85% city driving. 9.5 was more 70 % highway (avg highway speed 120 km/h). In my opinion thats very good!!! Haven't seen numbers like that since my 93 323 !!!

Hopefully others will chime in and be able to give you more accurate numbers!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Search function is very handy. From full to warning tank will vary. Theres just too many variables. I can appreciate you want to have an idea on the reserve before empty. You will find Forte to have better mpg with highway driving.

Heres full capacity numbers:
Fuel tank: 13.7 gal (52litres)
87 unleaded or higher

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've never been one for figuring out fuel economy, but on average, my 2.4L 6spd gets around 450kms per tank which is mostly city driving and a bit of hwy. Each time I fill up, I reset my trip computer to 0 and usually drive until my warning light is on. By that time I've driven anywhere from 420-460kms. I drive with a bit of a lead foot, so I'm sure other people may get better mileage.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Around 450km per tank. 8.5 to 9.5L/100km.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
grip I know what the "advertised" fuel economy rates are, but usually those are based in fantasy land, I was wondering what "real" drivers were getting in the real world.

Still 450+km for a tank city is damn good compared to what I get in my car......

Thanks for the info guys

Jer

·
Registered
109 Posts
My 2.4L SX sedan gets about 550 - 590km per tank capacity is 52L. I do 80% highway driving thats why i'm already at 33k on the forte. Warning light gives me 52km of driving before it runs out of fuel.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Im getting about 9.9l/100km mostly city according to my koup, just over 500km per tank.

BW

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was definitely getting 47mpg on the highway or 5L/100km. Sixth gear, 2500 rpms at about 130km/h. I have a bit of a lead foot in the city so it's not so good on that side but that's my fault.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Wow, you guys must stomp on it. I drive what I would consider normally (shifting at 4,000 rpm, not stomping on it) and average about 8.3L combined city/highway. I fill up at 450km, and I still have just under 1/4 a tank left.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wow, you guys must stomp on it. I drive what I would consider normally (shifting at 4,000 rpm, not stomping on it) and average about 8.3L combined city/highway. I fill up at 450km, and I still have just under 1/4 a tank left.
I've only had mine for about 10 days so I'm still playing. I'm sure I'll settle down eventually. lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was definitely getting 47mpg on the highway or 5L/100km. Sixth gear, 2500 rpms at about 130km/h. I have a bit of a lead foot in the city so it's not so good on that side but that's my fault.
Personally, I'm curious how you can get 2500rpm at 130km/h. I hope that's a mistype, and you really mean 3500rpm?

I'm averaging 7L/100km (at grade) (flat road) at 120km/h.

Fuel consumption varies too much even with the slightest pitch in the road, the engine has to work harder, so you use more fuel.

On average I get about 500km to a tank of gas, which is about 50/50 highway/city. Very impressive, but especially compared to my 2005 Kia Sedona which averaged about 300km to a 70L tank of gas.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Personally, I'm curious how you can get 2500rpm at 130km/h. I hope that's a mistype, and you really mean 3500rpm?
I was doing the same thing today, about 77-79 mph @2500rpm in 6th gear. That's around 127 km/h @ 2500rpm. I didn't check how many MPGs I was getting but you can definitely cruise that speed at that rpm. (with the 2.4 ltr 6 speed mt)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Fuel Mileage

I took my SX 6speed on a 600 mile round trip and got 35mpg on one leg. This is in Florida, about 60 degrees and I set the cruise to 75mph.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
I can usually get about 400-500km a tank. I have my regular instances of lead foot like any young guy w/ a 6spd (especially this car) , overall, i lose fuel economy depending on how much i have to go city driving into Toronto (lately that has been alot). Stop and go traffic really saps fuel and i hate watching my avg l/100km number climb. all that aside, this sure beats the 400km to a 70L tank of my 93 deville. That was 91 premium too.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i can only say what the mileage computer says:

If i drive super-easy, Ive gotten as much as a total average of 37.4mpg for an entire tank...approx 75% highway at 60mph.

Ive gotten as little as 21.3mpg if i dont pay attention and just keep up with traffic and accelerate quickly, etc.

seems these cars are capable of pretty impressive fuel mileage, but you have do drive them like an old grandmother would in order to get it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mileage also depends on elevation, outside temperature, wind. In Florida, we're at sea level, and when I took my 600 mile trip, it was about 60 degrees.

I held the RPM's to 2500, which appears to be about 75mph.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I get about 32 mpg on 65% highway / 35% city driving.

According to the instant mpg indicator, I get better mpg when I am going around 65-70 mph, vs going around 60-65 mph in 6th gear. I think the effort to accelerate back to 65mph from 60ish consumes more gas than bouncing around 65-70 mph.

I can't use the cruise control as the highway traffic is dense and requires frequent slow downs and accelerations to keep up with the flow.
-----
Update: I drove about 2,000 miles so far and the average mpg is around 31.2 mpg

1 - 20 of 40 Posts