Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) Hood Lift. The Redline seems to be good, but some trunk/hood lifters from Auto parts store and the right pieces should a DIY project around 1/2 price.

2) Koup Vent Visor substitute. I realize because of our door design that we can't use aftermarket Vent Visors. A DIY project to get around this would be sweet. I even wonder if I could just do a small "gutter" so I can roll my window down and not have every raindrop from the roof drip into the car.

I'm currently going to do a little trial and error myself and see if I can come up with anything.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
+1 I'd love to see both! Also, a custom sunroof deflector bar would be nice. Not the thing you stick on the roof, but that pop up piece. I want a more effective one.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks MFury!
Looks like two ball joints. Looks like 17" extended, but not sure how long retracted.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
You know that the redline system uses a factory bolt location on the fender right? I do like the idea of DIY though...., also the redline system would have been designed to release properly in the event of a collision...

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The first part, I did take into consideration. The third part listed is to replace the factory bolt with a 10mm ball stud, just like the redline kit.
Not sure what was designed to break away, unless it's the rivets on the hood, which I would also be using.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone know what the pressure is on the redline kit?
If I go to low, it won't stay up. If I go to high, it will snap up when unlatched.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anyone know how much the hood weighs?

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
How would you measure it? Put a scale on the engine bay and drop the hood on it?

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
I'll try it tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Must have been my search terms! I tried it, I swear noodile, don't spank me!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
With the Redline kit, you get 2 struts and mounting hardware for $85, which seems like a pretty fair price to me. I might save a little with a DIY, but not much.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My DIY should run about $45

1 - 20 of 22 Posts