Kia Forte Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
So going up tomorrow to airdesign to pick up the spoiler, how hard is it to take off the OEM one?
There are 5 nuts holding it in place...and it is taped down. You have to take the trunk lid liner out to get to the 5 nuts.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Does this spoiler come with the five hold-down bolts or is it all tape?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Does this spoiler come with the five hold-down bolts or is it all tape?
Considering their other aero parts aren't made for the GT (ie- rear diffuser), I don't think the rear spoiler was made with the GT in mind in terms of direct replacement. So I think it's just double sided tape.

·
Registered
102 Posts
looks great. how was the install?
It was fine. I had to use a thin plastic putty knife I had to peal the wing off. The oem gasket works well even after removing the 5 nuts that hold it on. I didn't take pictures of the install as I was just to excited haha. I covered the square holes with black vinyl on the top and bottom to keep moisture out. And at the end I put a bead of silicone all the way around so water doesn't get in. It came with the clear two face tape. It's similar to the 3m stuff I have as well but narrower. I just covered the bottom and I still have a roll left over, they sent 3 rolls of it.

Here is a few pics of the wing removal.

·
Registered
332 Posts
It was fine. I had to use a thin plastic putty knife I had to peal the wing off. The oem gasket works well even after removing the 5 nuts that hold it on. I didn't take pictures of the install as I was just to excited haha. I covered the square holes with black vinyl on the top and bottom to keep moisture out. And at the end I put a bead of silicone all the way around so water doesn't get in. It came with the clear two face tape. It's similar to the 3m stuff I have as well but narrower. I just covered the bottom and I still have a roll left over, they sent 3 rolls of it.
Nice write up! Do you mind if I use it as reference?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts