Kia Forte Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Lol. Yeah, I wanted to line up the pictures so I reversed that one without the fuel door.
But it's funny. In Australia our sedans get the square fuel door while the hatches get the round door. I don't know why it's inconsistent.
Aha thanks for the honesty, I had a Grand Cherokee before this 20x10 SRT wheels wrapped in some toyos and they definitely turned heads, so I can only imagine the looks you got with 20’s on the car. This is my first car/sedan so I was wondering how much of a difference they make when it comes to comfortability and practicality. I think the 19s will still look good. I think I will go with 19x8.5 +45mm offset but not sure about tire specs.. I want more side wall than stock and just a tad more thickness but no rub of course.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Still on stock suspension, gonna get a wheel set up first and then drop the car accordingly. I did the same with my jeep and it looked so good I didn’t even end up dropping it, hoping its the same way with whatever wheel&tire set up I find for the GT. Not trying to guess what eibach springs will look best since I saw they don’t make any specifically for the GT but there are 3 options that can fit.

·
Registered
2020 Cerato GT
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Aha thanks for the honesty, I had a Grand Cherokee before this 20x10 SRT wheels wrapped in some toyos and they definitely turned heads, so I can only imagine the looks you got with 20’s on the car. This is my first car/sedan so I was wondering how much of a difference they make when it comes to comfortability and practicality. I think the 19s will still look good. I think I will go with 19x8.5 +45mm offset but not sure about tire specs.. I want more side wall than stock and just a tad more thickness but no rub of course.
You should be able to get away with 235/35-19, but I can't guarantee no rubbing on heavy load. Your safest option is still factory similar spec of 225/35-19 if you want to be absolutely sure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You should be able to get away with 235/35-19, but I can't guarantee no rubbing on heavy load. Your safest option is still factory similar spec of 225/35-19 if you want to be absolutely sure.
You think the factory similar spec would be good with +45 offset? Looking for a flush fit with the fender and enough sidewall to protect the wheels. I seen someones wheel set up on 18x8.5 235/40 and it looked nice, still had a 3” gap I figured doing 19” instead would still work.
Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive tire

·
Registered
2020 Cerato GT
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
You think the factory similar spec would be good with +45 offset? Looking for a flush fit with the fender and enough sidewall to protect the wheels. I seen someones wheel set up on 18x8.5 235/40 and it looked nice, still had a 3” gap I figured doing 19” instead would still work. View attachment 84175
If you're not planning to lower the car 235 is good, but 225 is more ideal if you're lowering the car. I'm sure 235 is OK, but why run the risk?

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you're not planning to lower the car 235 is good, but 225 is more ideal if you're lowering the car. I'm sure 235 is OK, but why run the risk?
I don’t really plan on lowering, just wanted to find a wheel set up thats makes the gap less noticeable tbh.
Vehicle Car Grille Automotive tire Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
285 Posts
This might be a dumb question but, wouldn’t changing the tires to that size effect the cars ability to track accurate mileage/kilometers?
Yeah, changing overall diameter will skew the speedometer a little and change how it accumulates miles. Not to mention it will accelerate and certainly handle differently. I’d keep the stock diameter for sure

Reactions: MinyGalaxy

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,380 Posts
Yeah, changing overall diameter will skew the speedometer a little and change how it accumulates miles. Not to mention it will accelerate and certainly handle differently. I’d keep the stock diameter for sure
(y) Oversize tires will slow the speedometer down a bit and make the warranty go longer...:)

·
Registered
2020 Cerato GT
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
This might be a dumb question but, wouldn’t changing the tires to that size effect the cars ability to track accurate mileage/kilometers?
As the rims get bigger, the tires get thinner. This keeps the overall diameter the same as what they were stock. You can go + or - half an inch in diameter or so without affecting the instruments too much, but anything above that will affect ABS, speedo, etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Op, car looks ridiculously nice! Not sure how well it would ride. Here in Ohio we have potholes the size of houses, so I am done going aftermarket. I am quite happy with the stock on my 19 S. Rather enjoy the ride than not at my old age, lol!

·
Registered
2020 Cerato GT
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Op, car looks ridiculously nice! Not sure how well it would ride. Here in Ohio we have potholes the size of houses, so I am done going aftermarket. I am quite happy with the stock on my 19 S. Rather enjoy the ride than not at my old age, lol!
It rides surprisingly well, actually. The combination of decently soft sidewall tires with the Eibach springs makes for a bumpier ride yes, but it's more cushioned at the same time. I'll take this ride comfort over the stock ride any day.
But you're right. One good size pothole would destroy me. Lol.

·
Registered
2020 Cerato GT
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
For those of you not involved in my main post, here are some updated 20s I got the other week. 20x8.5 Vertini RF1.1
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Lexus is

Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
10 Posts
It rides surprisingly well, actually. The combination of decently soft sidewall tires with the Eibach springs makes for a bumpier ride yes, but it's more cushioned at the same time. I'll take this ride comfort over the stock ride any day.
But you're right. One good size pothole would destroy me. Lol.
I came from a 14' TT Ford Fusion with 19's aftermarket and wasn't even lowered and it rode terrible. Maybe if I had lowered it would have helped it. Car was stupid quick, so most the times I glided over the pot holes, lol!

·
Registered
2020 Cerato GT
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I came from a 14' TT Ford Fusion with 19's aftermarket and wasn't even lowered and it rode terrible. Maybe if I had lowered it would have helped it. Car was stupid quick, so most the times I glided over the pot holes, lol!
Ideally if you're after performance 18's are most optimal. That's why most Japanese performance wheels are 18". 19s start getting heavy and are more for looks. 20s is simple bling and has no performance benefits at all.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts