Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now a proud owner of a Titanium, 2.4 Forte SX... with 25 miles on the ODO

after 116K miles, my 5-speed turbo pt stage 1 (235 HP) decided to die and leak oil, after replacing it with a refurb ($800) (dealer would charge me $2000!!)... the catalytic died (because of the turbo) after replacing it ($1000)...then both of my lower control arms started to go (400 per wheel)... and at 120,000 miles.. i'm looking at timing belt, water pump and tensioner replacement.... and the clutch and clutch plate assembly too!

time to let go.

after a lot of car test drives.. FORD, Chevrolet, Hyundai... went to KIA

1. 10 yr/ 100,000 mile warranty
2. automatic - sportshift mode (i'm tired of driving stick/manual ... must be getting old. :) )
3. bluetooth/SAT/various steering wheel controls .. hoooha!
4. 87 octane ( i get 27 mpg, the PT got me 20 with 93 octane )
5. supervision cluster
6. timing chain

no brainer.

MODS: (so far)
4300 K Headlights and Fogs
48 SMD LED bulbs Tail lights
12 SMD LED license plate lights
LED MAP and overhead lights
[email protected] Drop-in Filter

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
MOPAR OR NO CAR!!
1000$ for a cat is steep man.

I would of bought your ptgt. ;)
Enjoy your forte. I enjoy mine.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,885 Posts
Welcome aboard. Post pics when you get the chance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MOPAR OR NO CAR!!
1000$ for a cat is steep man.

I would of bought your ptgt. ;)
Enjoy your forte. I enjoy mine.

had to bring it to chrysler... 2 oxygen sensors and the catalytic, new hangers and flexible mesh pipe.

4000 and it would have been yours mang.

so far, the forte does the job. I do miss the turbo ooomph and the BOV noise... unless i go to the Optima SX route. :)

·
Registered
825 Posts
Wow you sound just like I did when I let my Accord go after 15 years. I dropped about $2750 into and finally the wife and I decided it was my turn to get a new car.

Welcome to the Forte Family. Post some pics so we can check out your new baby.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Welcome to the community.

Even though you blew some serious coin on that PT GT, I bet it provided some good times.

I always found the Neon SRT-4 to be a real hoot too when I test drove one as they arrived at dealerships back in the day. The suspension was tight, good seats and some great power for the money. Spicing them up was also relatively cheap compared to other cars too! The interior was the only drawback for me though.

Glad to see you over here and I'm looking forward to checking out what the future will bring to your new honey...

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
with that high of mileage, at least you got your $$ worth...
I love my srt, but i like the ease of daily driving the forte.
The srt is a BITCH to get in and out of, and is stupid loud and screams please pull me over. Right now im pimpin a 88 dodge work truck and my corolla is getting a new paint job. I slapped some ebay rims on my forte, and they look good. Do a search for the thread. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts