Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have had our 2.4 sx 5sp auto for 14 months now -12000kms- and are on our 2nd tranny.thought all was well until sat nite (Apr 2) and then it did it again--just once,but did it AGAIN!
went and talked to the service manager and said wtf --was told that yes i have an 'issue' but has it let me stranded?no. could not believe the arrogance of this guy.cant do anything-i should phone customer service.

i was also hoping that the different tranny would help my terrible mpg- city driving with a very light foot is 13.5l/100km or worse. winter was getting 17.7l/100km! i dont even enjoy diving my car because i cant afford to feed it anymore.

i have owned 4 brand new cars and 2 used ones and by FAR KIA has/is the worst!! lesson learned and never a Korean car again.

·
Registered
78 Posts
You don't say what the specific problem(s) is/are. How about being more specific for the benefit of those of us who have the same model!

Thanks!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I think this is the problem that the OP is having:

I can't find the thread in this forum, but here is the multi-page thread from the Kia-forum concerning this problem: SX 2.4L w/Auto Trans Slip/Jerk Shift Problem - Kia Forum

Basically, it's the very first time the car shifts from 2nd to 3rd (5 spd auto trans), the transmission slips and the car thunks into third gear. The car has to be under a load. If you are very light on the gas it doesn't happen. Must be under some load. After that first shift (2nd to 3rd) it functions normally. Once you stop the car, then restart, the bad shift will happen again. Kia can not fix it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
my 6spd maual one driving with a heavy foot is getting about 25mpg in the city. i work at a kia dealership and have not seen any fortes coming in with problems.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i have had our 2.4 sx 5sp auto for 14 months now -12000kms- and are on our 2nd tranny.thought all was well until sat nite (Apr 2) and then it did it again--just once,but did it AGAIN!
went and talked to the service manager and said wtf --was told that yes i have an 'issue' but has it let me stranded?no. could not believe the arrogance of this guy.cant do anything-i should phone customer service.

i was also hoping that the different tranny would help my terrible mpg- city driving with a very light foot is 13.5l/100km or worse. winter was getting 17.7l/100km! i dont even enjoy diving my car because i cant afford to feed it anymore.

i have owned 4 brand new cars and 2 used ones and by FAR KIA has/is the worst!! lesson learned and never a Korean car again.
Hey. I am so sorry you are having trouble with yours. Make them fix it! It has at least a 50,000 mile bumper to bumper!. Also, I am a big, stupid American, and I cant figure out the conversion to miles-per gallon, and it isn't clear exactly what problem you are having. Please tell us!!!

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
so you wanna know something funny... I was getting horrible gas mileage on my car and the only thing I did to increase it back to normal was to change the AIR FILTER!!! ahaha (I feel stupid)...

17.7 l/100km = 13.2889595 miles per gallon

13.5 l/100km = 17.4233025 miles per gallon

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hey. I am so sorry you are having trouble with yours. Make them fix it! It has at least a 50,000 mile bumper to bumper!. Also, I am a big, stupid American, and I cant figure out the conversion to miles-per gallon, and it isn't clear exactly what problem you are having. Please tell us!!!
I explained what I think his problem is in post #3 of this thread. Kia doesn't know how to fix it. Many of us have the problem.

I don't know what is causing his mileage problem. I average 27 to 28 in daily driving and get anywhere from 34 to 37 on the highway. I have the 2nd to 3rd shift/jerk problem but I do get good mileage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts