Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT Theta 2, Titanium silver metallic.
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Managed to finally get around to repairing on the 2010 driver & passenger power window switches & buttons.

Needed new buttons. Eventually broke, the red LEDs that I didn't even know it had were out.

·
Registered
259 Posts
What did you do, pull apart a sedan switch assembly for parts to fix yours? Is the Koup assembly not available? Just curious, mine are still functioning fine.

Someone must have painted your original switches, you can't even see where the red light would have been on those original buttons. I've got the 2010 as well and they are definitely visible on it.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What did you do, pull apart a sedan switch assembly for parts to fix yours? Is the Koup assembly not available? Just curious, mine are still functioning fine.

Someone must have painted your original switches, you can't even see where the red light would have been on those original buttons. I've got the 2010 as well and they are definitely visible on it.
The actual Koup wk buttons are more expensive. So bought a sedan 10-13 for $20 new. Took off the buttons to put on to mine. The plastics broke the part that pivots onto a bb & spring that makes the button return to center position. I reinforced the inside of the plastics with steel JB weld. They won't be breaking for yrs. They're plastic & very thin. Removing them from the base alone can break them.

Finding any koups in junk/salvage yards is very very very rare. I've never seen one at the only pull a part in my city. Mostly automatic sedans. Houston is 4hrs, 8hrs total & that's where most koups are located at. I check FB for crashed/part out koups even that is hard & very rare. Mostly sedans.

As for the LEDs, I soldered new ones. Didn't even know it had LEDs, I went with red to continue with the red in the car.

I'm the 4th owner of my Koup. 1st owner California 2nd was Arizona, 3rd was my friend who bought from Mike Shaw Kia & I'm 4th owner who bought it from him for $3,000. Car fax shows 1 & 2 didn't keep the koup very long maybe but a yr each. Cant remember.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Need to know what pins/wires are the constant +(positive) & - (negative) on the driver side & passenger window switch?

I've Googled but all I get are pins 4&8 driver side & aren't constant +(positive) & -(negative) supply.

Passenger side window switch neither.

Just need the constant +(positive) & -(negative) for drivers side ^ passenger side window switches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts